Game Update - November 18th, 2021

I experienced freezing and a full blown crash but not on start - 15 miles into my ride. This is the second update in a row that caused these problems for me after years of riding without issue. Nothing changed about my setup other than the updated app.

Windows 10 PC, Kickr connected via Bluetooth.

Not sure if this a glitch or intentional, but when transitioning from Yumezi to/from Neokyo, on the companion app (iOS) it looks like everyone is riding through grass (even though the road in-game is tarmac and the mini-map (iPad OS) also shows as tarmac). This was while riding the Wandering Flats loop, and it happened in both directions.

@Wes havenā€™t quite a few folks been reporting crashing on TVOS, also? Iā€™m actually hesitant to download the new version until Iā€™m sure it will actually work.

Hi Tim,

I have the same error message. Iā€™m also on Windows 11.

Thanks.

@P_a_u_l

I have the same error as @Tim_Chua

Could you create a support ticket for me as well?

Thanks

Tim

Is it possible with this update to connect both hometrainer, watt pedals and heart rate monitor to Apple TV via Bluetooth? Or will it be possible in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Updated smoothly on MACBook Pro (Monterey). Earning ā€˜XPā€™ sound was a bit strange but can get use to itā€¦
Iā€™m not sure itā€™s me gone fitter or this update gone soft on resistance.
Iā€™m climbing whole lot fasterā€¦

Tim - did you review this support article and follow the steps to resolve? Was this still occurring with 1.19.1?

Iā€™ll be logging off for the evening, so wonā€™t see a response until tomorrow. If you have followed those steps and the issue isnā€™t resolved, you can start a support ticket here, which may be prior to me seeing your response.

Saw this on a YouTube stream too, definitely a bug

1 Like

Thatā€™s an Apple TV restriction. You can do it by using the companion app as a bridge.

Thanks Jeremy. Is this still occurring with 1.19.1, which we released a few hours ago?

Yes still occuring with 1.19.1

Yes, went through the steps for error code 117.

Still doesnā€™t work and keep getting error code Z117.

Thanks Tim. If you donā€™t mind starting a support ticket, weā€™ll monitor the progress in the morning and try to find a resolution for you.

Thanks, have started ticket.

Advised by support to uninstall and reinstall Zwift but error still occurs.

Hi,

I believe we have Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) and 1. generation remote, or I use Siri on my phone as a remote. Both of them ended Zwift for me.

Thank you for looking into this! I love Zwift, and really look forward to check out the new routes!

Ingelin

Hi Paul!

It was still happening after your second update.
I did read someone online having the same issue but they used a vpn for the update! I tried and it worked for meā€¦.although I havenā€™t been for a ride yetā€¦.thanks for keeping in touch and hopefully others can you my work around until everything is sorted.

Jez

Hi, I am not sure if this issue is related to the update or not but neither me nor my team mates have ever encountered this before. Last night while participating in a TTT, my avatar decided to turn left down a road while my team carried on the normal route. I spent the rest of the event on my own cycling a different route to the rest of the participants. I was not able to u turn or control direction at allā€¦

I am running PC app, Windows 10 Home.

Iā€™ve had the sound off on zwift for several years now.

2 Likes

Has anyone had an issue after the update with not being able to send messages? I did a meet up this morning in France and although I could send messages and see them on the companion app they werent turning up in the game so none of the other riders could see them. I was the ride leader so dont know if it is related to that?

I tried sending both in-game and through the companion app and neither would work. I restarted the companion app but that made no difference either.

Hey Tim,

Sorry to hear that. Iā€™ll be sure to update if I (somehow) manage to get past the issue.

In any case, Zwift Support has reached out for my logs.

Tim

1 Like