Game Update - May 19th, 2021

Upon my first visit to Yumezi, I received a Saris jersey… did I do something to earn this new kit or is it part f the update?

1 Like

With the longest route being 15km I am hoping that there will be at least 15km if not more like 30km+ more added before the next Northern Hemisphere winter season but who knows.

Fingers crossed there are significant additions in the next year!

Looks nice, think I’ll wait until it calms down a bit before experiencing it properly. At present the frame rate is absurdly low due to the conga line bottlenecking the GPU as usual.

1 Like

Is that on PC? Even on my old android phone it’s running just fine

That’s not really a comparison. :wink:

A post was split to a new topic: [Chat broken for Event Leader [1.13.0 [May 2021]

I was just curious, used my PC last night for the world hack but only 56 people present. On phone it’s never been an issue performance wise but not tried the new world yet on it. Wondered if it was going to be a bit laggy as the graphics are def a little plusher

It’s not the graphics as such, though you’re right, all the foliage and dust does have an impact and there’s lots on the new map. In Zwift when there are lots of riders around the CPU becomes the bottleneck and GPU utilisation drops like a rock as frame rate suffers. This evening I was getting about 50fps which is basically pants for a solo ride, with my GPU chilling at 60% utilisation. I’m usually at 80-90fps in 4K Ultra. So it depends on your definition of ‘running fine’. :slight_smile:

Ah ok thanks

Update installed, couldn’t beget past launch sceeen “let’s go” actually it did once but locked up, I’ve reinstalled twice and lost an hour half trying to resolve, as a new Zwifter I’m immensely disappointed!

While the dust settles on Yumezi’s recently opened roads, the new map will be available to free ride only as we continue development and ensure there are no hidden potholes along the routes. Once Yumezi is ready, we will open it up for Meetups and events

1 Like

@shooj: Be sure to read some of the other comments, because there appear to be people anxiously hoping that there will be some actual ‘settling of the dust’!! :rofl:

9 Likes

Not working on my side (windows)
I uninstalled and try to reinstall.
But screen is on « preparing updating »
And noting happen. Loading bare is at 0%

Using the world hack Makuri Isl replaces Watopia. Without the world hack it’s Watopia, Makuri Isl, New York for the next 10 days.

1 Like

That argument is no longer valid. 5,000+ people on Paris, New York, Yorkshire etc during Jan and Feb this year was way too many people (on Paris it was absurd with that many people, constantly bouncing left and right as there was a person every couple of metres).

Even last night with only 1,500 on Yumezi it felt crowded. It’s not so bad at this time of the year but in 7 months time it will be a lot worse. I can’t imagine what 10,000 people on Yumezi would look like. Zwift needs to do something about it before the end of the year. Maybe make Watopia, London and Yumezi permanently available and rotate the others. Whatever they do Zwift has outgrown the Watopia + 2 guest worlds system.

5 Likes

They either need to offer more worlds or do something about the old CPU bottleneck problem because it absolutely ruins the game when it’s like this.

I definitely think there’s something off about the new world though, it doesn’t feel like the performance is right. Whether it’s the shadows, the mist, or something else I’m not sure.

1 Like

What do you mean by performance?

Ditto on Marko’s post.

1 Like

On decent PC hardware. Makuri is noticeably worse than the others, and no, it doesn’t require a better graphics card. The CPU bottleneck of the world itself is massive, even with nobody around there are places where my system isn’t even hitting 60fps and the GPU isnt close to being maxed out. This is in 4K and dropping to 576p makes no difference, because GPU isn’t the problem.

1 Like

I was running an offline recon of Makuri Island snd there was visible stutter for my avatar throughout. Surely not a GPU issue as system was working fine but Zwift was like groaning to keep up.

3 Likes