Game Update - February 23rd, 2021

Are you sure you’re not drafting? When drafting your avatar sits up (except on the Z1)… it sending you to the edge of the pack is more so you can see yourself.

RGT for example actually tells you how many watts you’re saving from drafting. Zwift could use a more quantitive indicator of how good the draft is.

That would be great. I always thought it was a bit weird that you had to back out and jump back in. I’d love it if they had a little tracker, too, for how many miles you have left on a route when you go for a ride not in a race.

1 Like

Can we get a list of what changes have been made to the FTP builder workouts? I’m in the middle of doing the 12 week one so would like to know.
Edit: looking in game it seems there was a mistake made to Week 3, workout 2. The strength workout seems to have accidentally removed the strength intervals, but kept the rest of the workouts.

1 Like

No London elevation graph fix?

After 1750 hours of Zwifting, I’m sure @Zee_Kryder knows when she is and isn’t drafting.

4 Likes

Some of the complaints in these forums are crazy, if people only understood the complexity…

Great job releasing improvements incrementally whilst communicating transparently to your users guys. Keep up the great work.

5 Likes

No need to be demeaning with the commentary. Constructive criticism with specific examples would be more fruitful.

If you need to vent take out some stress on the bike not by knocking others professional efforts

4 Likes

Were I have to go to update the application

I’m sorry, but still no fix for screenshot uploads not working (PC -F10) which was a regression introduced in October and 100% reproducible?? Regressions shouldn’t happen with proper change control and regression test processes, but if they do failure to fix them when they happen is worse. It’s deliberate.

1 Like

Some of the complaints in these forums are crazy, if people only understood the complexity…

I’m 35 year veteran in the software business, I know this business MUCH better than Zwift does and it shows in their product.

5 Likes

Will we ever be train (structured workouts) with cadence as a metric (big dial on companion app) as an alternative to power?

Hi @shooj, thanks for the follow up. I tried again and happily this time Zwift did pair with the PM5. Here’s hoping it stays that way from here on out. Still missed my group ride at 5:15, though. :frowning:

I’m sure it was not a case of the PM5 Bluetooth being paired with a different device earlier because, as I said in my first message, I saw it as connected to the Mac’s BT even as the Zwift program wasn’t detecting or pairing. (I also watch a device, named as a 17-character alphanumeric string, appear as connected to the Mac’s Bluetooth as Zwift boots up. I presume that’s Zwift’s connection to the Bluetooth system. When I was troubleshooting earlier, I repeatedly saw both that device and the PM5 signal appearing as connected via BT to the Mac… while the PM5 was unpaired/invisible to Zwift.)

I appreciate you working with me on this. Have a good night!

Rider shadows have not been reactivated on M1 high profile.

Please develop a replacement, then. There are, apparently, many folks who are looking for an alternative that just isn’t on the market at this time.

3 Likes

Apparently while riding with a group last week Eric M said they were aware of the issue and it should be an easy fix. :man_shrugging:

Thank you for the update and all the hard work.

It is a known bug. My avatar goes extreme left side of road and doesn’t draft until it crosses the line. I thought one update fixed it but the next broke it again. We’ll see how the next start goes. Thanks for asking.
EDIT: Tested Watopia start in the desert and I drafted! I will still try other worlds to see if it is really working. Before the update, I had a few bad starts…Crit City and Richmond twice.

1 Like

Eric, come work for Zwift.

I can confirm it’s not fixed with this update. Just ran Zwift for about an hour before the screen went white and GPU went to 0. Zwift support last month told me to just keep checking, and that I probably have some other hardware lying around that I can use “in the meantime”.

2 Likes

Get an ANT to Bluetooth converter like this:

Works great.