Game Update - August 6th, 2020

Hello Zwifters!

With the Virtual Tour de France in our rear view mirror, it’s time to unveil a number of new features and changes that we hope you’ll enjoy. The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.

Missions and Programs

• Added the Off the MAAP Cycling Campaign (August 15th - 30th)
    • Complete all 4 stages to unlock the MAAP cycling kit.

New Content

• France and Paris worlds are now included in the guest world rotation, and will be the guest worlds scheduled from August 10-16.
  • Added or updated a number of cycling and running apparel items to support upcoming events and programs.
  • FutureWorks Pace Partners
    • Automated riders to give you a draft or that critical lead out for your sprint or KOM personal best. These riders span multiple effort levels and are available on a daily schedule in Watopia.
  • FutureWorks Steering on All Roads
    • Optimize your position in the pack or make a clean breakaway with our new on road Steering via the Elite Sterzo Smart Steering plate. Simply turn your handlebars to steer your avatar to find tune your road position and aero benefit. Learn more about our latest FutureWorks addition here.

PowerUps

• Introducing the Anvil PowerUp (Event-only)
    • Descending is best when assisted by gravity! The event-only Anvil PowerUp adds weight to your rider for 30 seconds to help you descend faster on descents.
  • New and Improved Burrito PowerUp (Event-only)
    • The Burrito now has a much more meaningful impact while riding in a group. The PowerUp now disables drafting in a small radius around the rider, making it impossible for anyone to get a draft benefit within that area. The new Burrito PowerUp lasts 10 seconds.
  • New and Improved Feather PowerUp
    • To balance the Feather PowerUp, it will now remove a static percentage of the player’s body weight for the duration of the PowerUp, rather than a set kg amount.

Events and Meetups

• Meetups
    • France and Paris worlds are now available for use with your Meetups. (You will need Zwift Companion 3.17 to schedule a meetup on France or Paris.)
    • All Meetups now support Late Join. Players can join a Meetup up to 30 minutes after it has started.
    • Race Results are now available to Meetups, so you can race your friends and clubmates anytime you want. (Note: Turning on Race Results will disable Late Join for the Meetup.)
  • Return of the Event Fence
    • We’ve made significant under the hood changes to the Event Fence which will allow us to resume in-event testing/tweaking of the feature. This includes a change to allow for a “no kick” mode where events can use the fence but not remove riders from the event if they are beyond the fence for too long.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Time gaps between riders in the riders nearby list has been improved and should now be significantly more accurate across different terrain types.
  • New riders will default to long white socks and a helmet.
  • All Zwifters (adults and children) now share the same height and weight restrictions in-game and in ZC. (Users attempting to change these values on the web via my.zwift.com will still encounter restrictions and this will be addressed in a future release.)
  • Numerous fixes for overgrown trees and boulders which have made their way onto the roadways as well as floating objects.
  • Localization fixes where some translations would not properly fit within the boundaries of the UI.
  • Fixed an issue with some Japanese characters not appearing correctly in chat messages.
  • Fixed the issue with the Hide Chat setting not being applied while in an event.
  • Fixed a bug where users in a No HUD event would not receive a power up.
  • Added 4K UHD support for those using an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M video card.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

150 Likes

Thanks for the update, looks like a good one.

1 Like

Particularly intrigued by the automated pace partners :thinking:

2 Likes

Hey all, we have breakout threads to discuss new things in more detai.

Pace Partners is part of FutureWorks, so feel free to discuss on this FAQ thread

FutreWorks Steering comes to paved routes too. More details on this thread.

6 Likes

Great update! Lots of experiment with. :heart_eyes:

You’ll find some additional details on some of these new/updated features here: Zwift Update Version 1.0.54377 Released | Zwift Insider

13 Likes

the android version also says it improved graphics for mali gpus

1 Like

My IPad still says 1.0.54375 not 77. Is that correct?

1 Like

Big update which adds a lot of things that users have been requesting. Well done to all team at Zwift.

3 Likes

As mentioned, the iOS and TV OS updates take a while longer, as they have to go through the Apple verification process. So perhaps it will take longer. The version I am downloading now, though, is also 75, so perhaps the PC and Apple version numbers are different.

1 Like

@Bob_Gorman_Splunk_ra @Nigel_Tufnel

See versions here: What are the latest Zwift Game and Zwift Companion app version numbers?

They are different this time.

2 Likes

Thanks, Dave! Looks like there must be a ZC update coming soon, also, then, since Wes mentioned 3.17 is needed for meetups in France and Paris.

1 Like

I downloaded iOS version 1.0.54375 which includes the latest steering, fence, etc., updates about 30min ago here in Taipei, Taiwan.

1 Like

Yup, early next week according to Eric’s article.

Return of the Fence

3 Likes

yay fence!

Do we know when 3.17 will be available? I have a meetup race tomorrow, and it would be great to run this in Paris if possible!

2 Likes

Any word on whether meetup race results will be recorded on zwiftpower?

2 Likes

Did you fix the crashing issue on start up for MacOS? I still keep crashing on start up to get prompt to reopen and everything is up to date.

1 Like

I wonder if it will work with Tacx BlackTrack T2420 steering frame. I’ll check it out later :sunglasses:

4 Likes