Game Update - April 29th, 2020

Hi, I just received the update on my iPad air and iPhone! My MisuroB+ just not works anymore after this update! Has someone a clue about what could be going wrong? The misuro b+ conectes nut no data is transferred to the app! Before the update the system was perfect!

To force-quit an app on the iPad, press the ‘home’ button twice in succession. This should bring up a screen showing all of the apps you have opened since the last time the iPad was either shut down, or you ‘force quit’ the app. Find the Zwift and/or Zwift Companion app and then ‘swipe up’ on it. This will remove it from the list of tiles, and ‘force quit’ the app.

I truly don’t know why this would have an effect on the app performance, but it does appear to. I force quit Zwift on my Apple TV after every use, and Zwift Companion on my iPad before every ride and since I have been doing this my issues have been very, very, minimal.

1 Like

Oh ok, yes I do that. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app but still get the same message.
Sensors connected but NO SIGNAL.
No response at all from Zwift tech support.

Apparently it was a bug : the distance counts also during training : did a test where I switched from MTB to TT to Road and each km were logged.

okay… I had it from this video

Was it a conscious design choice to remove the ability to connect multiple devices to Apple TV via both native Bluetooth AND Companion app simultaneously?

It seems to all one or the other now; either two devices direct to the Apple TV OR multiple via the Companion app. Confirmation of whether this is correct or a bug would be useful.

Peter, I have just emailed Zwift about the exact same issue! I dont understand their thinking re the pairing to the Companion App which I find unreliable. At the moment Im just riding without cadence which is annoying. I hope they rectify the situation.

1 Like

This insane speed issue has been happening to me since the update, as well as a variety of connection issues. Is it solvable?

WoW please do NOT tell that still an issue, it was reported last week, they seem to made an update with some other glitches instead, oh well… It was working almost perfect until last week.

So the insane speed was resolved after rebooting AppleTV but once I rebooted I started experiencing Zwift causing AppleTV to crash during a race so I haven’t raced since last time I posted this.

I have the insane speed issue on both Apple TV and when running Zwift on my iPad, with the TV off. Any ideas? Waiting to hear back from Zwift.

Force close the Zwift App and check to see if there are any updates for the Zwift App. There was an update for this issue released last week.

1 Like

Everything appears to be updated. I’m stumped.

What version Apple TV OS?
What version iPad OS?
What version Zwift on each?

Maybe this has already been noted, and I missed it, or perhaps it was part of a different update and I missed that, but I just finished riding the Alpe for the second time in the past week and what did I see on the left hand side? PRs for each segment! I’m guessing it’s the same sort of 30 day PR deal as with the KOM and Sprints, but it’s a start. There also appeared to be some sort of ‘connect the dots’ line next to the time which, I’m guessing, shows the relationship of the two previous times I rode up. I should have taken a ‘photo’ but spaced.

Anyway, this is a feature folks had been asking for, so it’s nice to see it implemented.

Yeah this was updated before this update. Good to see it though.

PLEASE eliminate the cadence guidelines and comments from the new workouts, as well as the talk-through text that pops up through true workout. I was excited to see a few more structures workouts, and then I tried one. I didn’t even make it through because I was so frustrated with the constant blinking red because I wasn’t in the right cadence zone. And the constant messages that pop up… seriously?! I don’t need a counselor. I just want to ride.

And yet I’m certain that within the last week someone asked to have text instructions and pop ups on all the workouts. Zwift can’t please everyone.

Or have the option in the settings to turn on/off the text instructions.

2 Likes

Yes! This would’ve a fantastic option.