Game Update - April 21st, 2021

On the Tour of Watopia yesterday, I noticed Drops accumulating when I was descending at 0 power output. I am quite sure this wasn’t the case before. The Drops rate is known to scale with your power output, so it is internally consistent if you don’t get Drops while at 0 power. Anyway, was this change intentional?

Edit: I confirmed today that this doesn’t occur during a free ride.

2 Likes

Gaining drops when descending at 0 power has been a thing when riding in an event for at least a year (someone who’s been zwifting for longer than that might be able to confirm whether it’s something that’s been in for longer).

1 Like

Please fix the bug for macs due to unsigned coding, and random crashes. I updated this morning, and the program crashed 5 times, I ultimately used my iPhone to ride. Also, on my Mac, there has been a bug around for the last 2-3 updates that struggles to access the ANT+ dongle randomly, which precludes me from connecting to my various devices (PM, HR, trainer), and I have to exit and restart the program before I can move past this screen, if I can’t connect and I move past the screen, i still will not be able to connect to the devices in the menu.

2 Likes

I hadn’t noticed this before but now I think about it… yes :joy: :man_facepalming:

I have exactly the same

Tried to load Zwift, it updated, then tried to load Zwift and I keep getting the message

Something went wrong please try restarting Zwift again

It on Windows 10

Use Window 10 run zwift app can not update, Error code:Z117, Plz help…

Facing the same frame rate collapse and intermittent freezing running on Mac OS Catalina with Intel core

1 Like

Did something change with how cadence is read or averaged? On my ride this morning, the display of changes in cadence seemed to update very slowly.

I have a wahoo kickr smart trainer connected to my Apple TV. After I finish a ride an exit the app and go to a different app or television and come back I can start a new ride but the sound is off. The only way to remedy is to physically unplug Apple TV and plug it back in or open the app from the App Store instead of the shortcut on the screen.

The application works great on my Android. I’m wondering if this is a bug related to the update? Please help. Thank you

Use your Apple Remote to double click the home button then swipe up to kill the Zwift app (just like killing apps on iPhone or iPad). This will enable sound next time you run Zwift.

The graphics were worse on my ride yesterday, they seem the worst at the start of the KOM in Innsbruck and then get better, it was at it’s worst when the sun had rays coming from it, it was basically strobing but once the rays had gone the graphics were much smoother.

It wasn’t like that prior to the update.

1 Like

Got this in Watopia too, video in this thread:

1 Like

mine was similar to that but because the rays were coming from the sun the whole sky section was affected, when the rays went it was much better

Same here, never had this issue before latest game / launcher update but it’s affecting every ride now, really putting me off Zwifting.
Hadn’t found the ‘Enforced Launcher Update’ thread from @Dave_ZPCMR but that sums it up nicely, I’ll add a reply on that as well.

UPDATE: Found a temporary workaround if using Windows that others may wish to try - changed Zwift setting to Windowed (from Full Screen). Not ideal, but the juddering and sun strobing completely gone on 1080p resolution.

Thanks for the help! Tried it this morning and it works.
Have a great weekend Robert. :+1:

Idem, j’ai eu la même punition et 2 fois de suite :triumph:

J’ai eu le même problème avec win10. J’ai du réinstaller 2 fois l’appli et la 3me fût la bonne. Bon courage…

For me, the issue has been confined to during workouts (where tapping up my neighbors with “Ride Ons” can be a welcome distraction from the burning in my legs). As soon as my workout ended, I could broadcast “Ride Ons” again.

This update force rebooted the pc at the end of the process, without warning. That is so far from acceptable I’m not sure where to begin.

5 Likes