Game Update - April 21st, 2021

Since this last update Zwift will NOT control my Kickr. Feels like I’m riding a dumb trainer!

That doesn’t sound good, was everything fine before the update?

Mine isn’t too bad and not constant so can imagine that must be really annoying.

Still no mention of a fix for free ride issue when using Wattbike Atom through Apple TV. Free ride section still stuck on the erg mode power level from the previous interval. Works with Wattbike Atom and Zwift running on IPad.

Same mate.

I run zwift on a 2014 Macbook Pro & prior to the update ran fine on max settings. But since the update (21/04/2021) my fps has tanked, even on “Low” there’s still some stutter. Really annoying :unamused: :unamused:

+1. I hit this one almost every ride.

Glad to see an update that focuses largely on bug fixes. I’m the kind of user that gets more excited about bug fixes and performance improvements than new features :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update.

But when will I get a new bike on my trainer.

I’ve been using it now for about 2 tears and I need a new one now.

Please can it have SRAM red Gears n a nice new carbon frame.

Thanks Zwift. :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Please hide “return to group” when HIDE DISPLAY mode is on. That “return to group” banner defeats the purpose of the hidden display. We’re grownups; we know when the fence is behind us. Please allow for a full hidden display as it really calms the experience.

2 Likes

Grownups wouldn’t need a fence, much less have the fence behind them :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You’re funny. You said it first–“grownups wouldn’t need a fence”. Oftentimes as people have grown with Zwift, the group rides don’t always coincide with the rider level or fitness, but fit the time of day or length for a ride for the individual. People who go past the fence aren’t necessarily jerks, but feel the rated speed too low at points during the ride, the entire ride, or might even ultimately fall back behind the fence before the ride ends.

Unlike you, who seems to be judging me, I make no judgements on people who ride past the fence. All I’m suggesting is if Zwift offers a “Hide Display View”, then HIDE THE ENTIRE DISPLAY. It’s simple and non-judgemental, Alan.

2 Likes

I have gone in front of the Fence.

Hang head in shame… :confused:

But… I needed a wee… So raced ahead, ran to loo, ran back n was still in sight of the group in front of me.

It helps sometimes. :wink:

4 Likes

Any more progress on the continuing BLE connectivity issues when using ZC? I’ve switched to ANT+ because I always get Bluetooth signal drops using ZC

1 Like

No judgement intended! It was actually intended to be humorous.

Personally I think time and resources were wasted on the fence. People join a group ride and then want to go faster. Let them. Someone says it ruins their ride? How so? If they stay w/the ride leader, then the ride will go as intended. But to each their own.

Couldn’t have put it better myself, “…it really calms the experience.” :ride_on:

1 Like

It had been an on again off again issue, but was working great the last couple rides.

Same here!

I have win10 and update ran, but after launching the .exe (shortcut) I get “Something went wrong. Please try restarting Zwift.”
I have tried deleting the program and reinstalling, but same result.

1 Like

After the update, I couldn’t visualize any riders, so it was unuseable. Restated the computer and started a workout and was cruising along in the initial warmup, had to pause to answer the door after I resumed the workout couldn’t control my output watts for my Kick’r and it was more than double what the warmup was asking for and would not reduce to what the workout was asking me for. Couldn’t ride today so I don’t know if its still the same.

Personally fed up. Updated app last night on my iPad. App struggled to connect to my trainer today. Then the app closed of its own accord three mins into my ride. This has been happening on last update and this one. Plenty of battery power. Trainer is transmitting data as visible on the elite app. Come on Zwift team. What is going on?

1 Like

App crashed as ride was finished- whole program shut down- it was a catch up ride to complete the Tour of Watopia… ride gone!! Completed the whole ride but just after hitting exit- crash … No credit for completing the Tour … no big deal but so many bugs atm… Feel like I’m paying membership for crashing and bugs… so many instructions to try to get around fixes to bugs… I just wanna ride zwift for a whole ride like I used to be able to… not be an IT expert

1 Like

Looks like the new update has a problem with reactivating erg mode if you stop during a workout. Before if you stoped erg mode was temporarily disabled then when you start again erg mode is re enabled. Now it doesn’t re enable.