Hey Zwifters, there is a new game update available which includes a number of improvements and fixes.
The update is available for download now for PC and Mac. The Android and iOS/Apple TV versions should appear in the app store soon.
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.
Hide Display Mode
- Ever wanted to experience Zwift worlds in their most natural state? Get more immersed into the sights and sounds of the game, without the display? Well now you can with the simple press of a button in game, and on in Zwift Companion.
- Hide Display Mode can be activated in most situations in Zwift, with a few exceptions. Zwifters cannot Hide the Display in workout mode (solo or group) or turn the display ON for “Hide the Display” event types.
- To Hide the Display, simply press the H key if your keyboard is nearby, or use the action bar in Zwift Companion or in game and tap the new Hide Display button.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.
- Fixed an issue with some road decals going missing in Watopia and London.
- Added the AMD Radeon RX 6800 series to the list of 4k compatible video cards.
- Added a retry function for PC and Mac when saving your activity fails for some reason.
- Created a new workout category for running named Distance Based workouts.
- Fixed a bug that would cause trainer difficulty to fail to reset after participating in an event with a minimum trainer difficulty value set.
- Fixed a bug that would cause steering to be disabled in events with the steering only value set.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Wattbike gear display to show the wrong gear.
- Fixed a bug with Pace Partner UI where the wrong route would be shown.
- Fixed a bug with the Steering pairing UI where it would appear to be paired after unpairing a smart bike.
- Fixed a bug that would cause riders in Richmond to go off road.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some player names to appear as NVALID.
- Fixed a bug where the steering rating prompt would not appear for new riders on iOS and Android.
- Fixed a bug where the Join Event button would not appear for some users when joining a steering only event without steering device connected.
- Fixed a bug where riders in the event paddock would slide backwards.
- Fixed a bug that would cause small groups to move erratically in group workouts.
- Fixed a typo in the Resume Activity UI.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some UI to appear behind the home screen when returning to home while fanviewing another Zwifter.
- Fixed a bug causing some buttons to overlap in the End Activity screen.
- Fixed a bug with the navigation UI when following a Pace Partner.
- Fixed a bug that would cause screenshots from a previous activity to appear in the End Activity screen for your next activity.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Meetup tiles in the Home screen to be shorter than they should be.
- Fixed some typos in the TT Tune Up workouts.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some riders to crash when crossing the finish line in Zwift Racing League events.
If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!
[Version 1.12.1 Update May 5 2021]
- Fixed a bug that would cause steering on Wahoo KICKR Bikes to no longer work as expected.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Zwifters to fail to receive Ride Ons at the beginning of their activities.
- Fixed a bug that would allow any users to equip the Zwift Academy Tri paint job even if they did not complete Zwift Academy Tri.