Game update 1.28 [August 2022]

@James_Zwift, not sure if this is happening to all the PP’s but their chat now all comes at the same time rather than spread out during the ride.

1 Like

Seconding the Main Menu still being a bit useless with how tall it is designed for (like we’re using some portrait screens or something).

What’s the purpose of a whole new subportion of the main menu when… it isn’t even visible?

And seconding the auto screenshots are a great idea and all… buuuuut, something needs to check whether or not the information is actually THERE yet…

Getting tons of screenshots of “Loading Results…” screens lol

1 Like

@Andrew_Nuse
If you’re seeing the new Home Screen on Windows or Mac - you can adjust the scale to fit the screen & resolution you’re using. Go to the Settings menu and resize the home screen elements to your liking.

Another pretty lame and insignificant update. Wondering if I’ll ever move on from Level 50 and if there’ll ever be an ATV UI update! Be great to see the TrainerRoad team involved to get things moving and improved.

1 Like

The screen is scalled to my liking, any smaller and I cant read it. Not everyone has Zwift on a 55 inch tv screen, many use small 15inch laptops, ipads, etc. The home screen should work easier for these smaller setups.

8 Likes

Same problem with me.

Per Mike’s response, many have previously commented in Home Screen threads (as I have) that scaling to fit the screen creates readability issues - so its a choice of two bad experiences (readability issue or awkward needless scrolling). I use a 55inch 4k, but have tried on a couple of other lessor screens.

3 Likes

Yeah thanks Mike.

We’d seen this and the team are looking into it. I think it may have actually started in 1.27.

1 Like

even scaling to extra small there is still a scrolling need on my laptop, not everyone has 4kscreens running at really high resolutions

4 Likes

I agree with the previous comments about the home screen.

way too much blank space at the top and everything is at the bottom. It needs flipping so there are more tiles at the top.

This isn’t a scaling issue it is about what is in each row. the first couple have basically nothing in them.

5 Likes

I got a PB on a segment and there was a big stutter in the graphics after, i assume this was to take an auto photo but then also got the usual stutter at 18:12 into the ride too so it must take the old auto photo as well?

any way to turn this feature off?

I have downloaded the update on to two different PCs and it seems to get stuck on the verifying files bit. I just closed it from the system tray, reloaded the game and it worked fine.

Minor issue on our arrow representation on ATV

Blue Point under arrow but no rider behind me.

Yeah that’s probably to be expected. Any PB already caused a big spike in system resources. Only solution would be to use ‘only my shots’, which obviously makes the feature redundant.

1 Like

I noticed exactly the same issue today as well.

Not a major problem but it’s untidy and should not be there.

(Oh, and still no local time displayed whilst in game)

1 Like

New KOM arche on legsnapper :heart_eyes: can be added on zwiftpower

I will be happy to see some races with this KOM as finish line. (Just an idea for race organisers):stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’ve asked for this to be added.

3 Likes

These exist already fwiw. Check out the Tiny Race series happening tomorrow.

1 Like

Hello!
It seems to me after last update the the sound of the feet (stomp) of the avatar in the game became louder? I turn the volume on my headphones to almost full volume so I cannot hear the treadmill. But the steps of the game avatar are much louder than the sounds of nature. Also the steps of avatar do not match my real steps and this disturbs my running. When I reduced the sound everything becomes quieter, but I would like the steps sounds to be quieter and everything(nature sounds) to be as before. Can you fix this please?

1 Like

I’m just in the pen about to do a group run and this is immediately apparent. It’s SOOOOOO loud. This deserves a patch release in itself.

1 Like