Game Update 1.27 [July 2022]

Let’s keep our dissatisfaction with Zwift development at face value…before jumping on the Hatorade express.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) Zwift is still the best and most comprehensive community cycling application, by a significant margin. - I have Signifffficant more qualms with RGT UX than Zwift. So The idea that Zwift Hq is lazy is pff the mark.
Coming from a full stack developer who works on communication platforms… It is difficult to develop multiple instance multiplayer gaming and communication platforms; believe me. It is extremely difficult.
Add to that the diversity of platforms, operating systems, and dozens of sensors to track performance in real time, and I have some empathy for these devs. There’s no Heartrate monitor, stride cadence, “jumping” power sensors, or speed sensors in Fortnite that instantaneously integrate with in-game experience. There’s a controller… made by a single manufacturer.

2) Zwift is actively building out their WTRL/ZRL league, and it’s getting better. Personally, that’s a huge draw for me. I’m cometely ok with organizing meetups in the absence of meet-ups for time being.

3) ZPOWER metrics and cat enforcement is taken for granted I think more than most realize. I dont know of many other platforms that provide in depth analysis and data breakdowns outside of strava etc… but again, strava is not Also is not in the esport business.

4) They are ALWAYS looking for more talent, around customer satisfaction, UX & UI development, and senior software engineers. They’re trying, despite how it may feel at times.

<p><a href=“https://www.zwift.com/careers”>Zwift careers</a></p>

3 Likes

Does anyone honestly care about new bikes?
Might save me 5 seconds up the Alp…

Usable features being removed and nothing useful being added. Give us new roads and new features.
Zwift going backwards in most of the recent updates.

3 Likes

Let’s keep our dissatisfaction with Zwift at face…before jumping on the Hatorade express. Some things to keep in mind:
1) Zwift is still the best and most comprehensive community cycling application, by a significant margin. - I have Signifffficant more qualms with RGT UX than Zwift. So The idea that Zwift Hq is lazy is pff the mark. Coming from a full stack developer who works on communication platforms… It is difficult to develop multiple instance multiplayer gaming and communication platforms; believe me. It is extremely difficult. Add to that the diversity of platforms, operating systems, and dozens of sensors to track performance in real time, and I have some empathy for these devs. There’s no Heartrate monitor, stride cadence, “jumping” power sensors, or speed sensors in Fortnite that instantaneously integrate with in-game experience. There’s a controller… made by a single manufacturer.
2) Zwift is actively building out their WTRL/ZRL league, and it’s getting better. Personally, that’s a huge draw for me. I’m cometely ok with organizing meetups in the absence of meet-ups for time being.
3) ZPOWER metrics and cat enforcement is taken for granted I think more than most realize. I dont know of many other platforms that provide in depth analysis and data breakdowns outside of strava etc… but again, strava is not Also is not in the esport business.
4) They are ALWAYS looking for more talent, around customer satisfaction, UX & UI development, and senior software engineers. OThey’re trying, despite how it may feel at times.

Zwift careers

![IMG_5753|373x500](upload://i0q7DT5F2dlJyXx0UnH1xDcq8v4.jpeg)!
1 Like

Set companion to notify you of updates

Hi Shuji,

Any news on running kit release? Thank you.

Hi @shooj.
Can you please visite :

For minor update ?

That’d be cool. I enter a lot of races to sort of “bookmark” any that look interesting. Right now, I got to Zwift Power and look at my signups to see what I’ve already signed up for. If I could just see “My Events” in the companion app, that’d be pretty cool.

1 Like

Any ETA on the Apple version of the new graphic interface?

3 Likes

You can swipe left on the events section of the companion home page to scroll through signed up events

I use a powerful computer that can handle pretty big programs… but when it comes to zwift and its updates i seem to feel like those are just to fix minor bugs and not actually fix what is actually wrong with the whole thing… i hust feel that zwift is using my money as a customer to create their cycling dream instead of focusing on what i need and expect… like not getting banned because im doing 2.5 watts for hours and someone might feel threaten by my very average pace… nationality… race… age… gender… zwift is a toxic enviroment if you look close enough.

Dust in pixels seen even on live stream.

i7-6770/GTX1070 Ti mini

I’ve noticed steering is broken if you leave pace partner (this was around volcano area couldn’t turn onto climb both directions and leaving glass Bridge) and also just now after Jett Hill training. Group ride. Seemed to be stuck on same roads and CA would not accept steering. Happened now on about 4 rides… Cheers

Any way to downgrade back to prev version? This update seems to have broken ZC’s ability to connect to the game.

@shooj - any chance there could be a profile created for Radeon Pro W6800X 32GB card (available for PC and Mac)?

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon PRO W6800X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 32 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x73ab
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-D4171N-436
VBIOS Version: 113-D417A1XL-021
Option ROM Version: 113-D417A1XL-021
EFI Driver Version: 01.01.270
Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

This is how awful Zwift looks on this very powerful graphics card:

This should run absolute maximum detail very easily. It looks no better than Apple TV. :roll_eyes: If I drag Zwift over to the 5K screen all the textures look even more blurred.

My old computer with a much older and much less powerful GPU looks way better.

Sorry, no there isnt.

Make sure your device running the CA is on the same wifi network as the game.

I wish there was an additional Leader Board option.
Always, Auto and please add Never.
That space is where I like to put ZwiftMap when on new roads or less frequented worlds.
Now I’m hearing ZwiftMap won’t be functional.

@Chris_Denton_LACC Yes. Request has been submitted.

1 Like

Thanks Shuji! :+1:

I too am an early adopter who finally stopped riding Zwift months ago because there are only so many times you can ride the same roads.

I popped in here to see if any new roads are available because I assumed with Zwift being a major backer of the Women’s Tour de France they would at least want to expand the France map to include a stage that the women will be riding (perhaps La Planche des Belles Filles), but alas I leave disappointed once again.

Oh well, I’ll hang on to my money and check again in the Fall (unless another platform comes along with something better in the meantime).

1 Like

See you in a few months then Paul.