Hey Zwifters- We have released version 1.23 of the game client which includes a number of new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.
New Features and Content
- The Garmin UNBOUND Gravel Training program has been added. This 8 week training program is designed to help riders improve their fitness specifically for gravel racing, whether that is for UNBOUND or other events this upcoming summer. Workouts begin the Week of April 11th.
- The Running Channel workouts have been added. These 4 workouts are inspired by The Running Channel presenters and are now available on-demand.
- Added 5 new Workouts of the Week
- March 14th - 20th: Dani Rowe - Touch of Egypt
- March 21st - 27th: Ella Harris - Climbing Power
- March 28th - April 3rd: Anna van der Breggen - Road Race
- April 4th - 10th: Expand
- April 11th - 17th: Mat Hayman - Paris-Roubaix
- A number of changes have been made to improve the experience with Flexible Training Plans.
- Flexible Training Plans now have an extra two weeks to complete and a handy countdown to let you know how many days are remaining.
- Once unlocked, Flexible Training Plan Workouts now remain unlocked throughout the duration of the training plan.
- Flexible Training Plans no longer require an 8 hour rest period between workouts.
- Flexible Training Plan progress is now based on the number of workouts completed in the plan.
- Pre-plan workouts have been added back to Flexible Training Plans.
- Improved the Flexible Training Plan enrollment UI flow.
- Device and Internet connectivity alerts can now be dismissed.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Added an event filter for Tour of Watopia 2022 events on the new Home Screen.
- Made improvements to the prioritization of sounds based on proximity of the Zwifter.
- Recovery blocks in workouts will receive a full star regardless of power output being too high or too low.
- Improvements to workout arch positioning when the arch is near an intersection.
- Made improvements in the pedal assist Zwifters receive when joining other Zwifters, events in progress, or a Pace Partner.
- Time based events leaderboards and on-road positioning is now calculated from the starting line for all participants (regardless of when they cross the starting line.)
- Fixed an issue causing some event filters to appear incorrectly in the new Home Screen.
- Fixed an issue where XP would be awarded when a workout block was completed outside of the target power.
- Fixed an issue with the Gravel Grinder workout where cadence suggestions did not appear in the warm-up.
- Fixed an issue causing the critical power curve graph to ignore some data from subsequent rides within the same session.
- Fixed an issue where lap progress would show an extra lap after finishing an event.
- Fixed an issue where Challenges text did not display when the German language was selected.
- Fixed an issue causing login text to be difficult to read on iOS when using dark mode.
- Fixed an issue where users who answered onboarding questions on the web would be asked those same questions again in-game.
- Fixed an issue causing black boxes to appear in Innsbruck on MacOS.
- Fixed an issue causing some rocks on the Mega Pretzel route to be lighter than air.
- Support for Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 has been discontinued.
- Minimum MacOS requirement is 10.12 Sierra or later.
Update 1.23.1 - March 14th
We’ve released update 1.23.1 for all platforms. It contains the following fixes.
- Fixed an issue causing some users to not get the correct amount of XP for Tour of Watopia 2022 events.
- Enabled access to the remaining flexible training plan workouts in the on-demand workouts folder.
Update 1.23.2 - March 17th
We’ve released update 1.23.2 for all platforms. It contains the following fix.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some users to crash when participating in an event where PowerUps were disabled.
Update 1.23.3 - March 24th
We’ve released update 1.23.3 for all platforms. It contains the following fix.
- Fixed an issue causing personal bests and critical power curve stats to be lost after saving your ride on iOS, Apple TV and Android clients.
If you encounter anything unusual with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!