Game Update 1.18 - October 20th, 2021

seeing a couple of issues with the latest zwift version and/or windows 11. unfortunately the updates were about the same time so I broke rule 1 of software. only change one thing at a time…

windows 11 / ANT+ connectivity / wahoo kickr - sometimes a ride will start with no gradient control.
restart the app and things are OK. after seeing the first time, careful to check that trainer control was paired

seeing regular “flashes” on the screen, a bit like when you take a screenshot. happens about once per minute. (laptop with nvidia graphics, latest updates etc) today was on epic KOM route

That’s part of the Halloween theming at present; it’s lightning and is accompanied by thunder noises.

Reminds me of the first time I rode over cobbles in Ultra Mode (Thank you @Dave_ZPCMR ) and the picture started jittering; thought I had a problem with the system… :flushed:

2 Likes

thanks Dave. guess it’d have made more sense to me if I didn’t have music on and don’t use zwift audio effects.

have to say the “lightning” is not great, maybe better dev effort spent on other bugs…!

2 Likes

this was most likely developed years ago and just switched on again for Halloween, I doubt it took much dev time… the new costumes however… I still think it is fun to see what will be new each year on Halloween and April Fools day. Time well spent in my book.

2 Likes

Yeah! I found that the update removed Bluetooth and location permission so I had to go in to my app settings and turn the two back on.
Works like a champ now.
(I’ve never had an update remove permissions so it was weird).

Update to my issue:

The new release either turned off or reset the app permissions on my phone.
I turned “nearby devices” and “location” permissions back on for Zwift and everything works as designed again.

So with the new update (use ATV, hammer H2, favero Assioma pedals) if I try and connect devices use the companion app, Zwift drops out left and right. If I connect via Bluetooth it’s stable but then I’m limited to number of devices I can connect. Also, have some flashing on the screen that’s new.

It’s Halloween, boo!

Hi,
Since the update I loose the scroll bar for chossing circuits/tracks in every world. I clear all cached, but no way. Unabled to choos cicruit, only on a few limited choice.
How to get back the scroll bar for choosing circuits/tracks/roads?

thank you for your help

Hi Jean-Phillipe,

Please see here: Route selection scroll bar missing on Windows [October 2021] [1.18.0] [SOLVED] - #33 by Dave_ZPCMR

1 Like

Sadly, the pack dynamics seem to have played havoc on my PC… instead of riders dancing about really quickly, those at the back of large blobs seem to flash in and out, almost like a strobe light.

Not sure if this update is cause but on appletv, getting lots of flickering of other riders in large groups. Seemed like a lot of others were experiencing this based on chat.

Are you sure this isn’t just the Halloween theme of Zwift? Seems like lots of people experience that as a bug :wink:

1 Like

After last Zwift update i now get wahoo kicker core disconnects every 5-10 minutes. Automatically reconnects within a minute but now its pointless to join a race or do any structure zwift training. Run on a new win11 laptop and never had any issues before the October update.

Today i tried to do FTP boost, 3rd session but the kickr core connection dropped all the time

Is this just me?

It looks that many Zwifters ride sound volume off in yesterday when was a Halloween and didn’t noticed that the flashes was lightning flashes after a thunder.

2 Likes

Yes always volume turned off for Zwift. It’s the one thing that they cannot break or change at each update. It’s nicer not listening to repetitive noises.

2 Likes

Same thing with me, i am in a turned off volume from Zwift club as well.

1 Like

I see occasional fail to control kickr v5 resistance on ANT+ on win 11. power/cadence are OK
swapped to BT and all seems OK

That goes against science!

5 Likes