Game Update 1.16 - August 19th, 2021

So far the only work around to make my configuration work as it did before this latest release (1.16 and 1.16.1) using an Apple TV and Tacx Neo 2T is to delete the app from the Apple TV box and then reinstall it (10 minutes on our limited internet), sign back in, reconnect the trainer which seem to happen automatically and start to ride. That will last for one ride, starting another ride returns it to being a trainer that has no resistance on hills, no road feel, and it would seem the drafting doesn’t work either. In one case my jersey changed configuration (!). Has anyone found an easier work around? Cheers

So this „update“ brought back the Bluetooth connection issues with Wahoo devices.
Great training without heart rate values.

1 Like

Looks like the recent patch (1.16.1) has fixed this issue. The pairing screen will now automatically pair with my power meter once again.

Hi Zwift,

I launched the new update and noticed quite a few issues with Wahoo Kickr Core and Apple TV.

1. Everything paired but zwift was ahead about 2 minutes in the ZA workout.
  2. The completed kms in the upper bar didn’t match the completed kms in the right hand side.
  3. Lack of response with shifting in a group ride-didn’t get more watts.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mary

I’m still having issues connecting to ERG mode with my IPad. Very frustrating. :confused:

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it in a more specific thread, but I lost my chance to ride yesterday because it takes so long to move enough apps around on Android to allow the upgrade to install on the mandatory internal storage. I dread upgrades, which I’m sure isn’t the idea. Please give us some hope on this!

1 Like

Do you have an iPad? If so use Zwift on iPad and do screen mirroring to the Apple TV. That’s my method at the moment to avoid the Apple TV bugs. As a bonus, the menus are much faster to use on iPad.

Thanks Chris for the suggestion, unfortunately I do not have an iPad. I’m going to try completely closing the app (vs deleting it and reloading) to see if that will work.

And yesterday it was back to NOT pairing the power meter automatically again. Classic Zwift bugs. Maybe it only works properly on odd numbered days? Or only on Saturdays and Sundays?

2 Likes

I tried again by closing the app on the Apple TV (double click the “TV” button, select Zwift app and swipe up till it disappears) and reopened it, resistance and road feel all seemed normal and working. I stopped riding, saved the run and reclosed the app, reopened and everything was working on the 2nd ride. This seems to be a work around for me with 1.16.1, I hope others are finding theirs!

Update 1.16.2 - September 2nd

• Fixed an issue which prevented some users from being able to pair a controllable smart trainer on subsequent sessions without closing the app first.
  • Fixed an issue with the Cervelo S5 2020 having incorrect aerodynamic values.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the new Garmin kit to replace the original Tacx kit.
2 Likes

Did the S5 get slower?

edit: yes

5 Likes

Inquiring minds…

1 Like

Specialized rep called and wanted the Venge to be the fastest flat bike again :rofl:

7 Likes

As if the updates weren’t embarrassing enough with all the so called bug fixes actually creating more bugs…

You’ve now had to issue a second patch…and downgraded the cervelo because someone at Specialized has kicked off…makes the whole ‘new’ bike thing abit lame…as unless it’s Specialized it won’t be any faster than existing etc.

1 Like

Do we get our drops back?!? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool, just before I brought it. :+1: I’ll stick with the Dogma F. :grin:

Read it and weep: All About Zwift’s New Cervelo S5 2020 Bike Frame | Zwift Insider

Took 6.5 seconds off the S5’s Tempus time so it’s 1.0 seconds faster than the Venge S. It’s still the fastest just not THE FASTEST!

2 Likes

Kind of annoying when Zwift keeps redoing the aero values. I bought the bike thinking it would have a huge gain, then a few days later they change it. I would much rather spend my drops on the new disc now…

2 Likes

And it’s not like I need a duplicate bike in the already crowded garage. I only ride 4 or 5 of the 20 bikes in there and the rest just take up space. And make it hard to navigate through the list. I would love to have a basement to store the ones I don’t ride anymore.

3 Likes