Game Update 1.16 - August 19th, 2021

This is a sort of joke, Zwift updates are never ‘rock solid.’ Ad evidenced by the comments following every update they are riddled with bugs, at best. Why not follow the same strategy with the Wahoo Direct Connect? Or even better, how about just ensuring that ALL future updates are ‘rock solid’ before releasing them? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

The companion app is still not working on most rides, we need some button or way to connect to the workout (Mac + IOS on the same wireless network)

I don’t see the route name on the new route progress bar. When you said that was part of this release, was that a mistake?

Nice uodate

You’re doing an event. It won’t show there.

Can you please let me know what is meant by “Added support for the Wahoo Element Rival watch.”?

Will this mean I can access Zwift through my Wahoo Rival watch or just workouts are now aligned or something else entirely?

I assume HR re-broadcast support… but would also like clarification as to what this means.

1 Like

I think this is a reference to their implementation of Direct Connect being rock solid. I can confirm the technology itself is already rock solid and works very well on supported platforms.

1 Like

Is this a paradigm shift to the server handling rider positions instead of client, avoiding the embarrassment of different observers seeing different sprint orders? That was really bad for World Championships, in particular women’s sprint for 3rd. I did notice on MAAP stage 4 today riders started doing squigglies, and I wondered if that was an internet glitch on my end, which normally wouldn’t have been a problem since the client handled positions anyway.

@joules yep have checked and I’m up to date and still the same thing happening. Using it on Mac.

I’ve cycled up the Alpe 3 times recently and experienced the exact same issue. This means that anyone who has Apple TV can’t do the Four Horsemen route until the bug has been fixed.

Erg mode has a big delay after the latest update on my Tacx neo 2T. I just had to turn it off as it was unusable

I agree we need Bianchi as a choice in the drop shop!

@shooj So you are actually working on the Direct Connect support? I think this comment is the first sign of anything being done about this.
Don’t get me wrong, this is indeed very good news. But it would be nice to get some updates on this sometimes since Direct Connect support in Zwift is something a lot of people are waiting for.

1 Like

Have the exact same problem. I see the runn as a device in the ride section but it does not appear in the run section. (Windows pc).

1 Like

No route progress this morning for me? Does it not show if you’re doing a workout? If so why not I’m always curious if I’ll close a route or not.

Also how about steering buttons allowing for course selection? Not everyone races

And while we’re at it allow the tilt to work during workout on terrain it still helps me feel more connected even when the efforts don’t quite align

No it doesn’t work in workout mode only free ride.

Does it appear after you finish a workout if you haven’t yet finished the course?

1 Like

yes, once the workout is done the route progress bas show again.

@Shane_Miller_GPLama: Yes, I understand that. I guess I just find it ‘humorous’ that they are concerned about the Zwift connection with the WDC being rock-solid when Zwift’s updates are generally riddled with bugs, as though they’ve barely been tested. It seems non-sequitor.

Also: love your videos. Thanks for the content!

1 Like