Game Sounds messed up after update [January 2022]

There seem to be some key sound issues here, which may or may not be related. Here are three I’ve spotted:

1. As Roule said, sounds of Ride-ons and triggerables seem to be being suppressed or cut off halfway through when more than one occurs at the same time. To replicate this, join the C. Cadence pace partner on a Windows PC at a busy time of day and try saying “I’m Toast”, “Ride on” or “Hammertime!” You might manage it once or twice, but the constant rain of thumbs seems to stop some of your attempts to speak. Drop out of the bunch, and it seems to work ok.

2. There’s an issue with how other Zwift cyclists sound. When in a pack with multiple other cyclists, the “cycling noise” sounds more like white noise - like a waterfall - instead of sounding like bicycles. The more cyclists there are, the louder it is and the worse it sounds. To replicate this, join any group ride with a big field (like the Tour de Zwift) on a Windows PC. I’ve now switched off my sound because of this bug.

3. Other Zwift runners sound like cyclists. When you’re on a run and another runner passes you, they sound like a cyclist. To replicate this, join a run on the May Field (or other location with no actual cyclists nearby) and simply wait for someone to run past you. This error occurs on iPad and PC. I’ve got a video of this one if it helps; the other issues aren’t as easy to video as you really need to be moving to experience them.

5 Likes