Fixed: Zwift crashing on End Ride or Exit when in German language

(Vincent W.) #1

Hey Zwifters,

Update #1
A fix for this issue is now live. Please report here if you’re still experiencing the same kind of crash.

There have been several reports of crashing on Mac/PC when the user’s Zwift application is in the German language and they End Ride or Exit. This should be fixed in a patch coming very soon. Thank you all for your patience!

Current workaround: Try switching language to English to see if the crashing subsides.

Zwift crashes while saving (Release: Dec 3, 2018)
Zwift crashes while saving (Release: Dec 3, 2018)
(Michael Sternberg) #2

How can the language switch into english in zwift ?

(Vincent W.) #3

Here’s a link on how to do just that :slight_smile:: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/selecting-a-language-(cycling)-Bkdg01bSX

(Matthias Urech (Nidibikers)) #4

Thanks for giving a status update, @Vincent! What maybe most riders are concerned about is if the efforts will be reflected in profile stats, XP and Wahoo climb mission. Can you please give us an update here as well?

As long as the workouts are seen in the Zwift account (under profile activities) it should be possible, right?

(Vincent W.) #5

Unfortunately we can’t recover that data :confused: This issue should be patched now with a quick update that was sent.

(Matthias Urech (Nidibikers)) #6

Puh! Not cool but thanks for providing a quick fix and for giving a feedback, @Vincent.

Just as a feedback from my side, calculating the overall stats/missions from the logged activities is a no brainer. It helps to improve the overall customer experience and would give the development and support team more time/less pressure to resolve the issue.

(Vincent W.) #7

Thanks for the feedback! The problem with crashes is that it interrupts your save so the game never gets that chance to record progress. :frowning: It definitely is frustrating!

(Matthias Urech (Nidibikers)) #8

I don’t understand this. The activity is stored in my profile on Zwift and I see it in the companion app. But the overall stats and missions are not updated.

For me it looks like that the app is updating stats and mission at the end of the ride. My suggestion was that the overall stats and missions are calculated from the profile and are read from the app (on login). The profile always shows the current activity. If a crash happens then the profile shows the activity until the crash and the overall calculated stats/missions would also match. Happy days!

(Andreas Loibingdorfer #B Box) #9

Maybe let us adjust the Autosave Intervall? So Upload the Activity every MInute?
Also maybe let Zwift combine or Upload the Lost Activity to Strava at next Startup?

(Nathan Wamba) #10

I’m french user and I changed to English but there is still the same problem: crashing when trying to upload activities

I tried on a Mac too and there is still the same crashing experience

(Kasper Jensen) #11

Unfortunately both, English and German, are crashing by save/exit after a ride… I have tried on two different PC, but same results, only iPhone and iPad is working = saving. Hope the problem will be solve soon?

(Pierre Yves Lacroix) #12

On PC, when I click “end ride”, I can save my activity and upload it to the server, then the application closes. If I want to start a second ride, then I need to open it again. Is this the “crashing” behavior listed in this thread ?

Upon finishing a ride, I would expect the app to return to the home page where you can start a new workout or join en event…