- (Not trying to sound to negative here… just an impression) Finally got the software to work completely after updating my video drivers; I have a feeling that this will prove to be a giant challenge (internal support and end user) in the future. General expectations from end users are that when you install software, it just works… not that you have to update a series of drivers to make the software work (that’s time and frustration and I guessing you don’t want that to be first impression of the sw…) every other workout specific software we have in our studio worked first try without updating drivers. Just something to keep in mind when this gets out into the wild… support will be a huge challenge. Now on to the good stuff…
Computrainer (power, speed) Quarq (cadence):
Software worked great… connection with the Computrainer was not an issue, graphics smooth… initial course is fun but short…
- Resistance appeared to be spot on with other sw we use.
- Speed seemed to be off. Not sure if this is general or Computrainer specific.
- w/kg - nice feature but was a miss at how it’s being calculated as I don’t
remember entering my weight and couldn’t find a place to enter it.
- Course went into night time mode after 3rd lap… this would be nice if it was
driven by local sunset times; it was mid-day when it changed
Nice to haves
- TSS… TSS real time calculation would be nice for those that focus on power
for training. That’s all I look at these days…
- Segment announcer… would be nice to know when a segment is coming up,
maybe a double beep or something
- Segment finishing… maybe another beep type when at 200meters and
100meters to the end of a segment.
- Getting into suspend mode when rolling down a hill… had to wait until I was
on the flat… would be nice to end it whenever you want.
Quarq (power, cadence) Computrainer (speed)
Work for about 30 seconds and then the software gave up control of the computrainer head unit and was no longer capturing speed rendering it not functional.
Let me know what else I can test…