Family and Child Plan Request

Last time I checked multipacks , or bulk buying in general , were not exclusively avaialble only to someone with a “family” . So is the title of the thread wrong maybe and should be instead bulk discount membership request ?

Reading back through this topic. I really feel Zwift is missing out on so much money.

Regardless of your views on if they should or shouldn’t provide discounted accounts, there appears to be SO many here who are not willing to pay for a full 2nd account for their partner or family member that may use it once or twice a week, and are instead just reusing the same account, or just scooting off to Rouvy, Fulgaz etc.

I do wonder if Zwift has become too risk adverse, unwilling to change unless its had board room meetings, discussion groups, focus groups and 3rd party polling, with no one willing to actually make a decision.

There is free money out there for them, investors must be pleased they aren’t trying to up sell existing customers…

I believe Zwift know how many households already pay two subscriptions and they know how much they will loose if they give a discount to households.

Like most people I won’t mind paying less. But Zwift is still cheaper for us than a family gym membership.

Zwift don’t know how many people they have lost or never gained because this isn’t an option though.

1 Like

None. They come here, they make pretend threats about going to Rouvy, and then they’re still here the next day.

1 Like

Or they never come here at all?

1 Like

Here’s another request for some type of family pricing. I recently signed up and just went to make my wife’s profile & was pretty shocked to see this wasn’t a thing. I guess I took this common feature for granted.

We’ll likely be trying a competitor as my wife is not a frequent cyclist.

I think zwift is awesome, and I may very well be back, however it really doesn’t make sense for us to have 2 separate subscriptions when one will rarely be used.

Thanks for reading,

1 Like

Hi @Suspicious_Mongoose

Welcome to the forum

Zwift does give 25km free if you don’t ride often then this can be a option.

I was under the impression that the 25km was a one & done. If it resets, then that’s definitely a viable option.

Thanks for the tip!

If Zwift had a reasonably priced family plan ($40 CAN a month) I would sign up for it. As it sits now, just cancelled all accounts except one.
This would need include a different interface that removes the requirement for separate logins.

Relec

1 Like

Our 1st month of Zwifting and both me and the wife are using. just signed up, but now wife has used all her 25 miles. We have kids and is impossible to ride at the same time. already looking for alternatives. Family account please Zwift.

Do zwift know how many people share one account though?

3 Likes

I have a single computer for myself and my partner to play games on World of Warcraft, Zwift) and a single turbo trainer to play Zwift on.

Luckily we can play WoW individually on a single sub, but for some strange reason we cannot do that on Zwift?

For the few times a week my partner would use it, she doesn’t want to pay another sub. Few other options out there, so think we will have a look around and see how they fair as it looks like zero interest to actually have additional accounts on a single sub unfortunately.

2 Likes

Still not understanding why they don’t at least offer a discount to multi-plans within one household… or an annual payment discount…

2 Likes

I think the price of a family plan is set by golf, I think about $15 per year for youth on course. From what I understand, the child gets a lot of benefits and extends to 18. It is really not a choice for family subscriptions, it is about Karma. In the Karmic cycle, anyone who has children is suffering, thus, everyone else on Earth has to help out those who have children to relieve their suffering.

World of War Craft was a great game, and worthy for Zwift software planners to study. Once you build a solid user base, (1) You have to satisfy the base (2) You have to be clear never to dissatisfy the user base. Blizzard ‘Schlitz Beered’ the company when they angered their user base. It is extremely hard to mess up the multivariate regression with respect to advertising propensity coefficients, but Schlitz did it, and so did Blizzard. Bottom line, best features cost nothing to initiate, perhaps a few lines of code. If you do not satisfy the user base, what happens, you get ‘user leak’, from a ‘pinch flat’, and your user base slowly starts to decline. Then, as the decline is occurring, people put the device in the closet, and forget to tell their friends, that simple.

The reasonable price was set by golfers in the real world, it is called youth on course. There are extremely real legal reasons over time companies do this, and has to do with the Karmic cycle. When a company is generous to family and children, they are perceived positively. One day, the management of the company needs a very big favor, there is a lot of money on the line, perhaps it is closing a round of investment, or a filing, or a merger, or an acquisition, and a person with decision making authority external to the company management just throws the company a break. That is why we prioritize acting nice to families in the real world. There is a lot on the line.

Just adding to this.
Cost of living is increasing and companies need to do their bit to help.
It’s ridiculous that you can’t have a discount on family members (at same address) subscriptions.
Surely the software can prevent concurrent use.
Nearly all online games have something similar.
Please support your loyal members.

1 Like

Just purchased my neo 2t today, and my wife asked if she could use it.

“Of course” I said and then naturally found my way here. Of course like many I’m disappointed by the lack of a family plan. I’m not going to say what I think is a fair price, or what I would be willing to pay, but my thoughts are:

1. I think in a lot of cases within a family there will be a primary cyclist. Other family members might like to ride once a week so the suggestion that somehow other users are subsidising them just doesn’t make sense. Ignoring the fact there is very little cost for the extra server capacity. More likely than not getting a bit of extra money from a family plan would improve overall profitability.

2. Do it, but charge a lot. I can see you have no incentive to change 2 or 3 full paying memberships into 1 £15 a month subscription. However, you must recognise there would be a better user experience from simple things like being able switch rider without logging out to added features like being able to see activities and details of family members, moving across items etc.

In exchange for us getting the usability benefits you begin getting data on what does the average family do. Presumably a hobby shared with family members results in a hobby that sticks and an increase in length of membership. Once you know what makes sense financially you can determine if you could reasonably offer the family plan at a more competitive price, but for now I guess you just don’t have the info to make an informed decision.

1 Like

I would love to have a family account for two or more members.