Every release lacking levels beyond 25 feels like getting kicked in the face.

(Jay Z | NYC) #1

2+ years without new levels. No clear communication about when this can be expected. I think your most dedicated subscribers deserve better.

(David K) #2

We are working on that. I understand it’s a slow process because we introduced running and are working on an Android version among other lofty projects. Much of the hold-up is developing and incorporating new items awarded at higher levels before releasing everything to our members. At the moment, there hasn’t been any kind of assumption made on a possible release date, but the best way to stay on top of updates is to keep an ear on our forums and app release notes when new versions come out.

(Jay Z | NYC) #3

A few reference points:

• Level 25 dates to December 2015 (v1.0.9318)
  • No new levels in 2016
  • No new levels in 2017
  • An official comment asked Zwifters to hang on until new levels were added in the summer of 2016

(Jay Z | NYC) #4

Why is this downvoted? It is a list of relevant facts.

(Steve Copeland) #5

I don’t get it, what’s so important about levels? Is it bragging rights or something? Everything works the same regardless of the level you have achieved.  I am not sure I ever got the whole concept of levelling up in a fitness programme.   It was nice to get new gear but there are only so many colour schemes and virtual bikes you can have. 

I love Zwift for the training and immersion, but it’s not exactly world of Warcraft…

(Jay Z | NYC) #6

Heya David, and whoever else at Zwift HQ! 

Your response is super lackluster! So much so, I figured it would be best to bang out a quick fake reply that can function as a working model for what a satisfactory answer might look like:

Jay,

We’re sorry that our recent updates leave you, and some other longtime users, feeling somewhat frustrated. We love Zwift, too, and can sympathize with your feelings, as many of us here are similarly stuck at Level 25. However, I can assure you that your dedication to our virtual world is sincerely appreciated. 

As you know, we’ve been hard at work for quite some time on adding new levels - Indeed, in 2016, we thought this upgrade would be coming out shortly. Since then, the scope of everything encompassed by the new levels has grown considerably.

Right now, we’re aiming to unleash our long-awaited levels upgrade by [the beginning, end, X] of [Q2, Q3, Y] but understand, in life, as in software, something could come up. If it does, we will post an update on our forums to let our community know, I can’t say much more than that, but we hope you’ll stick with us. We think it will be worth the wait. Thank you for your patience.

(Jay Z | NYC) #7

Steve,

For some of us, these silly virtual levels function as a powerful motivating force to push ourselves and ride on. 

They are a goal unto themselves - not for bragging rights, or virtual gear, but simply because they are there. I know this isn’t true for everyone - but it’s true for me, and I know i’m not alone.

I don’t play WoW - Zwift is the closest thing I’ve got to a game I love.