ERG Mode issues w/ Saris H3

Any idea if the zwift team is working on this? And if they are, when will this be resolved?
Or should we just switch to Trainer Road for time being?
It’s quite frustrating that one of the newest trainers on the market is not properly supported.

@Thomas_NYC

Welcome to the forum,

What setup do you use for Zwift.

Zwift app on Samsung Galaxy S20. Saris H3 via BT connected to phone. HDMI adapter to TV. And a HRM via ANT+ to phone as well, but probably doesn’t matter.

And thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Hi @Thomas_NYC

Zwift is aware of the issue on Android and BT. They are working on it.

In the mean time you should be able to use it like a classic trainer.

In workouts you will have to turn off ERG and use the incline button on the companion app (or ± on your keyboard)

I know this is not optimal, but it will keep you riding until Zwift fix the bug.

I will unsubscribe until this is fixed then. I am looking for structured workouts and don’t want to focus on regulating all this manually.
Is there an official estimate when this is fixed? If it’s ‘soon’, I will definitely unsubscribe, as that means nothing in most cases…

I have not seen a estimate, you know how this things go, They can find the issue and solve it today or it can take a few few days to fix.

I partly agree with that. if they actually have a team working on it then they should be able to at least give approx. dates, I think that would just be normal project management. The fact they don’t do that, is not great and shows either they don’t have a plan or they’re not working on it.

(By the way, sorry you’re the one getting these replies - this is all for the zwift team, and not really for the good souls like you helping the community)

I paused my subscription for now, will be back if it’s solved soon.

2 Likes

I really don’t mid helping out, this is crazy times and we all jump in and help where we can.

Working in R&D myself I know how you just cant put a date on fixing a bug.

The H3 work on Windows under ANT+ (I have a H3 )

Appreciate all you’re doing. My laptop is too old, won’t run Zwift :frowning: and iPad doesn’t have ANT+ for the HRM. I tried it all haha

I have the same problem Saris H3 connected via Bluetooth to Android device. Going uphill resistance doesn’t change, just the speed drops.

Raised a ticket with Zwift, hope they will find a solution soon.

Wanted to update everyone on this Saris H3 situation - we think we’ve identified the lines of code that needed fixing.

The challenge now is the testing required to verify across enough devices to feel confident that this actually did fix the issue. It’s a challenge because all our QA staff are working from home, like most of the world. We want to get this done faster, obviously, but we also want to get it done right. So we appreciate your continued patience.

8 Likes

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. This is exciting and I appreciate your hard work.

1 Like

Appreciate the update. Happy to be beta tester

Thanks Shooj. And as per Thomas, happy to test if it helps.

Thank you for the update.

Hi I have a H3 not working with blue tooth. But good news got ANT+ dongle and is now working fine. Hope this helps.

1 Like

On android app? Tried both ant and bt but neither work for me on android.

Sorry i should have said i am using a PC with windows 10. Hope you get sorted soon.

1 Like

Hi Shuji, do you have any update?