Elite Realaxiom (connected w/ USB cable)

(Evan Walpole) #161

Thank you Gerri and Sean! 

Just heard back from the folks over at Zwift Experience Team… Support for the V4 is not going to happen. Oh well.

Might be awhile before the V4-to-ANT+ bridge is released. My trainer is going to be dead for some time until I get an oscilloscope and some multimeters across it.

(Mike Carroll) #162

Alain, my realaxiom wired (2012 or so) works great as far as zwift controlling it for resistance adjustments on climbs etc, however, zwift interprets its power very low making it so I can’t really ride with other riders as I can’t keep up.  Apparently the power reading from individual units vary greatly so how yours will read in comparison to true power you would have to see. 

(Alain Alphonso) #163

Is there a way to adjust something so the watts would be close to reality ?

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #164

Hi Alain.

Currently there is no way to “calibrate” the unit in Zwift. These units has calibration values that get applied in the Real.exe software and currently Zwift does not have a way to use these values.

Evan, Im sorry to hear about your trainer :frowning:

(Vic Santos) #165

After reading this entire thread (all 6 pages) I decided to try and connect my RA wired trainer to Zwift last night. I made sure I had the latest version of both the Zwift software  before I did anything. I only had one problem at first. When Zwift found my trainer under “Controlled Trainers” the words “No Signal” would appear over the trainer’s name. So it was able to detect my trainer but could not control it.  After trying this a few times I realized I still had my RA software running at the same time as the Zwift software and thought it might be the issue. Sure enough after I closed the RA software Zwift detected my trainer and the “No Signal” error was gone. I started up a Zwift ride and could feel the resistance adjusting to the terrain like it should. I haven’t had time to analyze the speed/cadence/power numbers to see how accurate they are but at first glance they don’t seem to be too far off. 

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #166

That is good news Vic.

If you have time will you check the model of your trainer.

One more thing, do you guys get spikes in your cadence, it suspect the placement of my cadence sensor. if you have had spikes and found the perfect place to put the cadence sensor please share the information.

Have Fun.

(Vic Santos) #167

Garrie, yes I will check the model tonight and let you know.

BTW I’m using my Garmin speed and cadence sensor paired to an ant+ dongle instead of the RA cadence sensor. I’ve used the RA sensor in the past and it didn’t seem to be very reliable. 

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #168

I was thinking of getting a garmin speed and cadence and a ANT+. 

It would be cool if Zwift will send the power data back to my Garmin.

(Mike Carroll) #169

It is just calculated power rather than what is coming from the trainer so why would you want that?

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #170

The reason why i would like to have the power send back to my Garmin watch it then i can save it directly to Garmin connect. But thinking about it then i will also want the elevation data. 

(Mike Carroll) #171

Ah, ok.  I use Strava rather than Garmin connect and Zwift uploads that automatically so I don’t have to do anything to get it up there.  You could always export the Strava track and import that into GarminConnect to get the data.

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #172

I just got my Ant+ dongle so now my setup uses mt Ant+ garmin HR monitor and my Garmin ant+ speed sensor with the Elite Realxiom wired handling the power. I feel this setup is smoother than before when the trainer did everything.

Thanks again to Zwift for all their help and support.

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #173

Doing workouts with the wired Realaxiom… Can you control the resistance from the mobile Link? I can change it from the Trainer controller but it does not respond from the App.

(Mike Carroll) #174

You have to go into settings and you will,find a resistance slider to adjust the trainer resistance. To my knowledge this is not available in the mobile app.

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #175

Thanks Mike,

I know about the slider you are referring too, but I was talking about workout mode. So during a workout you need to manually adjust the trainer resistance so you can keep within the the set target wattage and cadence.

So to do that I press the up and down buttons on the trainer and it works as expected, but if you look at the mobile app you will see that during workout the buttons change and there are a resistance up and down that I assume should change the trainer resistance but they are not working.

(Mike Carroll) #176

Ah, sorry, missed that.  I have not done anything with workout mode yet.  I was having issues the other day with the direction buttons on the app where it would show as pushed but not change my direction choice.  I had to use the keyboard.  Perhaps they have a current issue with their app and button functions?

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #177

Good morning guys, hope you are having fun on your trainers.

So they fixed the resistance selection for the mobile app and it work very well. THANKS!!!

I have been reading a lot of posts regarding workout mode on other trainers and it seem like some of the trainers adjust the resistance during workout mode. with my trainer i have to adjust the resistance and have to shift gears to get to the required power level required. I was wondering how do you do it.

Don’t get me wrong i am more than happy with my setup. 

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #178

Why is there not an option for ERG mode during workouts for our trainer? I’m interested to feel how it feel if the trainer adjust resistance during training instead of me changing gears.

I wonder if  Jon Mayfield  is still following this.

Edit: My trainer my not have this option. 

• ERG mode isn’t supported on some of the older wired versions. As we’re not sure when this feature was added in the product lifespan, we recommend contacting Elite to confirm this is an option on your trainer if you don’t see the functionality available on the workout selection screen.

(Manfred Klingebiel) #179

Hello,

I read this interesting thread and was enthusiastic to connect my Realaxiom 4 (wired) to the Zwift App on my Win 10 Computer.

Unfortunatley the Zwift App does not recognize my RealAxiom. 

When I read through the posts of this thread it seems to work with others. So I wonder if I am doing something wrong, or if I have miss understood the information.

The RealAxiom is working fine with the REAL App from Elite, so that is not the problem.

If anyone can give me a feedback or any kind of help would be great.

Thanks and Regards

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #180

Do you have the Version 4? Look in the settings on the “Real” program to see what version unit you have. 

You should plug in your Realaxiom and turn it on before starting Zwift. Then in zwift go to the paring page, start pedaling , click on the Power icon on the top left and see if it respond, it might take some time. If that does not work, click on the icon bottom left and see if that work. 

Keep trying, and send us your results. 

good luck.