Elite Realaxiom (connected w/ USB cable)

(Manfred Klingebiel) #181

Thanks for the quick reply.

yes it is a RealAxiom 4, wired via USB, ZWIFT is the latest version, update of today.

I have tried to connect with RealAxiom in action, on the ‘power source’ and ‘heart rate’, let it search for some minutes unfortunately without success…

Any idea?

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #182

Looking back in the thread it look like the V4 is not working. 

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #183

Good morning guys. I have a question for all the Realaxiom users. What is the peak power that you can produce on a flat road (ie sprint) 

I can do 45.7km/h, 617W @ 135rpm. I feel I can do better if the trainer would have more resistance and I dont have to spin out at 135rpm. 

the reason I ask is I see on Strava some sprinters put out +800w on zwift. Is it my bike setup or my trainer.

(D.) #184

Hi Gerrie,

I meant to respond to this, but it totally slipped my mind—sorry. The best I can seem to manage in Zwift with my trainer on the flats (from an existing ride file) is 44.3 km/h, 393W, 107 rpm.  I can’t seem to break 400W for more than a second no matter what I do. I have a correctly-calibrated Powerpod power meter, which has been shown to be relatively on par in terms of accuracy with direct input meters (on DC Rainmaker, etc.), which gives me much higher numbers in the real world.  I know it’s probably not perfect, but in my case I suspect it’s the trainer. I also get a fair bit of tire slippage that I can’t seem to prevent. Hope this is helpful.

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #185

Thanks for you response especially sins you are using a power meter. I am glad to hear that it is not just me. 

No I wonder why some other smart trainers have more resistance on flat roads.

Maybe Jon Mayfield can way in on this.

(dan cummins) #186

Can’t get my wired real axiom to connect to my mac. Connected to my hp laptop and my MacBook but not my desktop mac.

(Gerrie Delport TeamODZ) #187

I would suggest sending in a support ticket. I’m on windows. But I remember something about a driver for apple. it was somewhere in this thread.

(dan cummins) #188

Found it bottom of page 4. Thanks.