Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Flat Resistance is Off

It my etraining for the qubo and needs a subscription. I did check on the ‘real’ site and couldn’t find anything. Sounds from the other queries this may be a zwift issue.

It can be a zwift issue, but it will help if you can confirm that your unit does work.

This could well be the trainer. My second elite Qubo has just stopped giving resistance in the middle of a ride and the noises it makes when trying to adjust the magnet don’t sound the same as they used to this is what my first Qubo did too.

For me, I’m pretty sure I just killed my second Qubo. I certainly won’t be getting a third.

From time to time I have the same problems. If there is no power I always resend map to my trainer. And it helps.

It was on a ride on Dec. 6th that my wattage jumped from around 300 watts to over 700 watts on a sprint near the end of my ride and I was riding 29 miles an hour on the same flats I was doing 20 miles an hour before and since then there has been no change in resistance on hills with inflated wattages until my son changed the P settings on it and now on hills my speed drops to 6 miles an hour with no resistance where I would climb the same hills at 17 -18 miles an hour with resistance so is there a fix for this coming

Was 15 miles into TdZ Stage 4 yesterday when the Qubo suddenly dropped the power output down to about 60 watts on the flat. This is about a third of my usual power reading. I finished the stage but averaged about 0.8 watts/kg. There appeared to be less resistance on the climb up the volcano at the end but the power readings seemed correct. As soon as the gradient flattened the watts took a dive down to 60 watts again. I was hoping it would have rectified itself but it hasn’t. I’ve tried resetting the P values but no joy.

This sounds like the issue others have had recently but grateful for any advice. Nearly half way through TdZ too so keen to sort this out!

Ride on (if possible)

Paul

I recently bought the Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ to replace my old manual Trainer as it was too easy to ‘not’ change the resistance.
Setup and tried my first go with it on Zwift last night and it was a terrible experience.
It took me 40 minutes to ‘complete’ 1 mile!!!
The resistance was so hard i had no more gears to change to to help make it easier.
It was registering me as doing an average of 20 watts.
As this is all new to me, I’m not actually sure what my wattage should be, but it was a difficult ride.

After reading this forum, it has made me think that there is a fault with mine also, can anyone help me on what i need to do to sort this issue?

I e-mailed Elite and found out how to check if it will work and if failing they have a 2 year warranty

No response from Zwift unfortunately despite a separate email to them about this 3 days ago.

Entering a higher value for p3 in the Elite calibration does appear to increase the wattage displayed on the flat however the resistance remains high, speed low and with no change on inclines.

Really keen to get this sorted please Zwift, already missing further TdZ stages. Please confirm whether this might be in fact a trainer issue rather than a Zwift one

Paul

As long as it’s not just me! My trainer is almost immovable at the moment (Elite qubo looks me the rest). Reported to zwift and will let you know what they say

Definitely is this the Zwift problem. 2 days ago I was trying Zwift, Elite app and RGT. On Elite app and RGT works fine, just on Zwift not.

I have the same problem, brand new trainer. Zwift, please help.

Thomas

Ive been having the same issues also. For about a week now the trainer would just disconnect for no reason. Dropped from the group then it comes back on. Now the last 2 days no resistance. Im using ant+. Tried an extension usb cable today so the dongle was right next to trainer. Also resynced the trainer. Still down on power. Did an ftp test on monday and trainer cut out twice in the 20mins none on the warmup/cooldown. Its a lot of money subscription for something thats not fit for purpose. My training time is limited so cant be arsed faffing with it for 30 mins every time I want a ride. Im cancelling my next payment. Ill keep an eye for a fix and ill come back then, this thread has been going since oct so not holding hope for a quick fix.

I am having the same issue. It’s not the trainer because it works perfectly on the Elite My-Trainer app. Even went thru and calibrated it again. This appear to be a Zwift issue and I believe it started for me on 12/20 or around there.

It suddenly started working properly for me today!
I hope it stays this way.

I have same issue, last 3 weeks watt calculation is way too low and I’m unable to hit the workout ‘wattage’…basically rendering Zwift useless. Tried to resubmit P,2&3 numbers without change.[quote=“Vincent_Williams1, post:1, topic:13287, full:true”]
Issue

We’re currently investigating an issue with the Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ flat resistance being too hard for a number of users after a recent Zwift update. This doesn’t seem to affect all users, and we’re investigating to see why this affects some trainers and not others.

Workaround

While there’s no confirmed workaround for this issue yet, you may want to try a couple different methods to see if there’s any change:

1. Try connecting over ANT+ instead. The change that affected users was targeted at BLE, so ANT+ may still work at a neutral level.
  2. Disconnect the Controllable Trainer option for your trainer, and either use your trainer only for a power source or use a separate power meter. While you won’t get the variable resistance with this option, you can use your trainer like a classic trainer and change resistance manually with your bike gears.

We’ll update this post as soon as we have more information. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
[/quote]

Hello,

I have the same problem. I’m pulling 60 watts and about 20 km/h on the flats. No resistance change on the uphills. Generally miserable rides.

I’m using a ANT+ connection on an pc (windows 10).

@Zwift - any help? I can try a different app to see if it works there, but that would probably be the end of my Zwifting

1 Like

Hi @Rui_Rego

Make sure to pair your trainer as Power source and Controllable using the FE-C option

Hi @Gerrie_Delport

That’s correct?

or should be other??

2 Likes

Hello
I use an ELITE qubo smart B +, ANT + and iOS
For 2 days, the variable resistance no longer works … I reach 500 watts without effort … and the relief no longer has an impact.
I tried to connect to ANT, I tried BLE, I use the FE-C option and nothing changes … I can no longer use Zwift :frowning:
Can you help me ?
Thx

3 Likes