Elite Direto Not Changing Resistance

Barry, I have the same problem, you should check your engine,

(I got a video from Elite showing me how to do) Basically you unplugged the trainer, unscrew the 4 screws on the left side (the power side) of the Direto, then your going to see the engine and a golden screw on the right, (the screw, is the one changing the resistance for you)

When you have everything open so you can see it, you only put in the power again, and if it dosen’t move the engine is stuck etc.

/J

This is how it looks like when you open it up.:slightly_smiling_face:

When you plug in the power the black “bracket” will move to a neutral position. (The golden screw attached to the bracket and the engine will make it move). The “bracket” is the thing that’s determine the resistance. And in my case it’s completely dead.

I experienced the eaxct same thing and started MyETraining drove a few seconds, and then Zwift could control the resistance again

1 Like

Just did a 2hr ride and didn’t feel any bit of resistance change the ride had elevation of 10% and downslopes. Tested with my e-training and trainer seems fine. experienced it in the last few rides as well. it is a problem with my trainer or zwift? ANT and internet connection is good based on zwiftailzer.

I think its a problem with Zwift. Many users experiencing issues today on resistance change control by Zwift. Hopefully they release an update ASAP

Yeah so i heard from my other friend who said she’s seeing it all over facebook as well.

Having issues w my direto on iOS via BLE. No issue previously. Took the spring and summer off. Now back on zwift and there is limited to no resistance on inclines. Is there a fix yet?

Hi there

I have a problem with the resistance and cadence since the last update of zwift (1.0.48307).
Before the update I used my huwaei P8 lite with Zwift application => OK
Now, it’s down.
I test :
zwift on Windows 7 , zwift companion Huawei 08 lite with the gateway bluetouth => KO
zwift on Linux Ubuntu 19.04 (with wineHQ 5.5 staging) and connect the HT with
bluetooth gateway of Huawei P8 lite => KO
Zwift on huwaei P8 lite => KO
I have no cadence and no rolling resistance, just the power.

Thanks

I have the same problem with my Elite Rampa, but only when linking to my PC with an ANT+ dongle.

Linking with my Android phone or Mac Mini via bluetooth seems to work fine so not a total loss, just annoying.

I tried with MacOs, Windows 10, Android, and it doesn’t work.

But is there any answer or fix from Zwift or we just enjoy posting the issues??

noo idea, really getting pissed off that i cant sprint on the flats as i just spin out. Using apple tv and no issue when gradient is 1% or more the trainer works fine apart from the odd fluctuation in Resistance.

zwift and elite just blame each other.

My old elite Realaxiom trainer had the same issue, so I had to change my chainrings to 56/48 so I can sprint.

My saris H3 does not have that problem.

I think it all depend on how the trainer is setup to apply resistance.

56/48 thats mental. Pros dont even ride that combination and where on earth would you even get chainrings as big. Elite/Zwift should of sorted these issues out long ago :frowning:

I am not sure if it was mentioned before, but the easiest solution is to set the trainer difficulty at 50% or even lower e.g. 20%. The Direto cannot handle steep inclines very and the change in resistense is pretty slow e.g. if you do a workout where the output power jumps rapidly.

Hi erik,

My is set to 100% and works fine on anything over 0% this is a bluetooth issue works better but not perfect over ant + FEC… But is not good enough when you invest in a bluetooth setup and have to change

Wow, I cannot believe it, that you are at 100%. Even at 50% you cannot paddle smoothly at gradients over 12% - the Direto cannot handle it.
My complete Zwift envoronment (Apple TV 4, Elite Direto and Wahoo Tickr) is connected via bluetooth and it works very reliable. So wouldn’t say that it is a bluetooth issue in gereral, it depends on your devices.

Not optimistic but can anyone help?

Last Saturday I did a Zwift upgrade and my Elite Direto is no longer varying resistance.

I’ve tried Zwift who say they have no other occurrence and suggest a firmware upgrade of the Direto. The Elite Upgrado app says I am up to date on firmware.

I’ve tried reboot and reinstall of Zwift. The issue remains.

I’ve tried Bluetooth which picks up cadence and power but does not give resistance change.

I’ve tried ANT+ where I got a message on Zwift saying Connected on Power Source and on Cadence but a message saying “No signal” on Controllable.

Can anyone help please?

@Stuart_Pratt

Which plattform (Windows, MacOS, iOS or tvOS) do you use ?

I use my Elite Direto with tvOS (Apple TV) and rarely with MacOS, it is always connected via bluetooth. I have no issues with resistance change so far.

if you have the possibility i would try another platform just to see if the problem is related to the operating system.

Like Stuart - I am not optimistic… having joined the Zwift community in April I have no change in resistance using an Elite Direto 2020 linked to a HP laptop with Windows 10.

Everything comes back as connected correctly with the pairing linked to the FEC via Bluetooth but for all the smoothness of riding in what is a fixed gear setup (no change in resistance = no need to change gear often) why after 2+ years of looking through this forum thread have Zwift been unable to fix this issue? In checking the date today my phone says 14th June 2020 not 14 June 2017 or 2018.

What is the answer here please …

Thanks ever so in advance to anyone who has the patience to respond with helpful direction?

Thanks Chris

HI Erik

I’ve tried Windows and iOS, both show the same issue.

So don’t think it’s the OS.

Thanks

Stuart