Effort on downhills Saris H3

Hi @Jakob_Hansen

Welcome to the forum,

Zwift is aware and working on a fix for Controllable over Bluetooth.

If you don’t pair the controllable function you can use the trainer as a fluid trainer. (not the best solution but you can still get a good workout)

see: Effort on downhills Saris H3 - #27 by Gerrie_Delport_ODZ?

Thanks. Is there a rough time schedule for the fix?

I do have a 4iiii HR monitor which has ANT+ to BT bridge functionality. Would connection the Hammer to that and then bridge BT to ATV be an interim fix? Has anyone tried that?

@Jakob_Hansen

The H3 power numbers is still good, Zwift just can’t control the resistance over Bluetooth.

You can try that, I don’t have a 4iii to do the test. Let us know if it worked.

OK, will give it a go over the next couple of days and let you know if this is a temp fix.

Just an update on this. I decided to return my H3, as it also developed a knocking noise.

Hey everyone, great news! We’ve verified the fixes for resistance on Saris H3 on Apple TV and Android! The fix will roll out in the next game update.

When is that? That fix is one of several being QA tested and rolled up before we push it out some time next week. Thank you all for your patience.

6 Likes

this is good news :sunglasses:

Did you get your H3 back?

1 Like

Yes, I did!

3 Likes

@avid_dk
I purchased that exact one from Amazon and it worked great. This is the first time I have been able to control my h3 via the ANT+ dongle. May be the original dongle I had was not working properly, although it was the Cycleops dongle that they recommend for the h3. Thank you for sharing which one you purchased.

@shooj
Great news. Thank you for the update and all of the efforts and sacrifice of your h3 to the cause. The support is greatly appreciated.

Matthew,

No worries, so glad it worked for you. You and Gerrie were the one’s that made me start wondering about a work around. I did a Zwift workout as that seemed like the ultimate proving ground and it worked flawlessly. It is a small hassle dragging my MacBook downstairs but it works. RIDE ON!

Hi, will you let the Users know in this forum when the fix has been deployed this week? I’m also struggling with the same resistance issue. Thanks for your support.

@Christine_Strathmann
FYI, game updates are announced in the What’s New board.

1 Like

Is there a way to use the companion app while using the ANT+ dongle? My computer is not set up close to my bike that I can reach to use the functions to change directions or give a “ride on” while riding. I like want to use the companion app if possible to do this but during my last ride the companion app did not load my ride while using the ANT+ controllable.

Thank you for any thoughts that anyone might have.

Hi @MRPopp, the companion app links up to Zwift via wifi, as long as they are both on the same wifi network they will communicate. This has nothing to do with ANT+ or bluetooth, unless you are trying to use the companion app to connect your trainer/sensors to Zwift (this is only possible with bluetooth I believe), but still uses the wifi network.

Was you phone on cellular data perhaps, not on wifi?

1 Like

@Mike_Rowe_PBR
Thanks for the reminder. I have had a lot of trouble with my internet over the last several days and a new modem so yes they were on different wifi networks. Everything is working good now.

1 Like

Ya se libero la nueva actualización. Voy a ver que tal. Saludos.

H3 users do you select the “advanced firmware options” on the app or do you just use the “update firmware” button on the home page? I tried the advanced firmware options and now my trainer says it has 31.063 but my wife’s trainer says 31.062. Is there much difference between the two firmwares? Also why would a more recent update be so hard to find? The saris website doesn’t offer much in terms of explanation. Thanks.

I don’t see that option in my App? What app are you using?

1 Like

Hi @Gerrie_Delport the Saris app. In the menu you can click “about” then select advanced firmware. I have no idea what that really does. Then on the update feature it lists a bunch of updates. I picked the top one.

I find it odd that it isn’t the one it auto updates with.