Drink Alert

Need a drink alert. I’m a T2 diabetic and need to stay hydrated so that I don’t have a low. When you’re doing hard efforts/racing, it can become easy to forget to sip. I need a drink reminder alert that I can set at regular intervals.

I don’t know what bike you are using (in Zwift), but any bike with a water bottle on the frame will then show the avatar drinking frequently. Would this suffice? If not, how about just using the countdown timer on your phone, or a kitchen timer, to remind you to drink? (Basically, this isn’t something I think Zwift will get around to even contemplating until around 2085, so you will probably want to find some alternate method to remind you.)

3 Likes

Perhaps it will take them some time, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. :wink: My Garmin 500 from 12 years ago will give me a drink alert, and I’ve been using a beep on my watch, but I need to be prompted consistently, in-game. I just don’t think this is a big ask. Thanks for your response, Nigel! :slight_smile:

I’m not programmer, so I can’t tell you whether it’s a big ask, or not, but I would guess that adding a new setting that would likely apply to a small minority of Zwifters would not make it to the top of the list quickly. Definitely no harm in asking, though!

1 Like

Must admit I thought that was why the avatar drank from it’s water bottle, not sure what the frequency really is though, plus it is a bit subtle for sure (and the Tron bike doesn’t do it)