DQ for 5MIN/20MIN

Over the last month I have been automatically DQ’d in two races for tripping the 5 minute (550w) and 20 minute (450w) power thresholds. I dual recorded using a secondary power device and worked with Zwift Support, so I was able to reinstate the results within a few weeks. Because of my weight, the threshold for auto DQ is only 5.12 w/kg. Yes I realize this is a good performance, but this is not a pro tour performance. If everyone over 5.0 w/kg had to go through this process, it would be a little more accepting. Having to email Zwift Support or track down the race directors on a regular basis to correct ZP race results gives the impression that I am a shady rider.

ZwiftID: 476686
Current FTP: 459w (5.3 w/kg)
Current weight: 87.9 kg

Is there an exceptions list that I can be placed onto should I provide sufficient data/results/videos to prove my performances are accurate? @xflintx - I was told you may be able to help.

3 Likes

480w for 20mins? That makes me hurt thinking about it…

There can’t be many people stronger than you on zwift?

1 Like

Or real life…

4 Likes

(Un)fortunately, there are a lot.

1 Like

Plugged it into cyclinganalytics FTP calculator. (480x0.95=456)

1 Like

5,3wkg FTP is exceptional. Puts you already in domestic Pro spectrum according to Master Coggan.

1 Like

5.3w/kg is a very different beast at 70kg versus 90kg

3 Likes

You are right, but from the perspective of us mortals, both are in the super beasts category. One may be super great best and the other one a super super great beast.
We are talking about exceptional performances anyhow.

Felippo Ganna is 82kg and his FTP is rumoured to be around 450w.

I prefer ‘legendary’ or ‘mythical’

3 Likes

I think there was a mistake. 5,3wkg seems to be the 20 minutes performance

Filippo Ganna’s FTP is measured at a full 60 minutes though. Normal people only sustain FTP test efforts for 20 minutes and are grateful for the formula that suggests your power o ly drops of 5% between a 20-min vs 60-min ride. Good luck. :wink:

2 Likes

Nothing to do with anything!

(Un)fortunately, nothing mystical. Rather common in Watopia to have 20 minutes at 5,6wkg.

2 Likes

Linear work-duration model gives a CP (=FTP) of 417 W, or 4.74 W/kg. W’ = 40 kJ, or 455 J/kg. The latter is really more impressive than the former - have you ever tried the pursuit?

10 Likes

Dr. Coggan?

prove it

Welcome to the Forum @Andrew_Coggan (Love your work)

2 Likes

Mike we are in for a treat,

What is the best forum topic that we should point Dr Coggan to?

1 Like

My investments in 2022 flopped but registering to Zwift forum seems to be the exception.

Also I always wondered what would happen with decent wkg (5) but with 100kg weight.
Breaks the Zwift code, what happens :slight_smile:

I’d try my hand at the hour record to quiet the naysayers.

5 Likes

Hallelujah and amen!!!