Downhill Speed and Effort (watts)

Thanks for all the great responses…

Neo 1: I have a friend who is 205 lbs (93kg) with a Neo 1 - and he says he can coast most of the time in the downhill group.

rider weight: My settings are 5’7" at 165 lbs (75 kilos) and I still need to lose 10 more lbs to get in shape - so I consider myself a hefty rider.

rider height: I haven’t heard any evidence that tall riders stick up in the wind - air resistance due to height? I don’t know of that parameter being part of the equation.

trainer reality setting: I’m at 40%, but some riders report they are at 100%. GPLama (Shane Miller) did a study of this and said overall his times were the same - but maybe for pure descending, it makes a different - I’ll ask my guys for more info on this parameter.

braking while coasting: I should have bookmarked the forum thread for this - here’s a link, but I remember there was a more definitive one… (Coasting - #6 by Karissa_Minn)

Well - there’s one parameter that’s super easy to mess with - reality - so today I’ll try the reality at a higher setting and try coasting… but it may be the climbs are too hard - could be I’m getting an easier climb but harder descent because of “reality” setting.