Does Zwift support even exist?

Has somebody ever managed to chat with Zwift support? I waited over an hour and got no answer. I also gout no aswer to a request via the support form in 2-3 weeks. Why the heck am I paying for it?

What issue(s) are you having? There is a lot of helpful people on the Forums that could assist you.

1 Like

I also think there is no official support. Only helpful community members.

2 Likes

When I do a workout but deselect ERG mode in order to pace manually with gears and cadence, I only get about 200W resistance no matter how big the gear ist or how fast I pedal. ā€œjust rideā€ and ERG mode work normally. So I guess it has to do with what Zwift sends to the trainer.
Setup: Elite Direto XR (newest firmware), tried on laptop and iPad (separately, with the other far away), did the calibration of the trainer multiple times. No change.
If Zwift is a Kickr-only app, they should write that down somewhere. Frustating.

Zwift isnā€™t just a Kickr only app. My Tacx Neo will testify for that.

When you say you are placing your other device far away I have a feeling you have two devices logged into Zwift which may confuse things? Make sure you log in on one device only.

How are you turning off erg? Are you doing this via the companion app or are you deselecting it when you pick your workout?

Use the companion app incline button to add resistance. Or the onscreen menu bar clicking the up arrow.

The online chat Iā€™ve not seen working recently but they are usually pretty quick to respond to the web form.

Only issue being they have outsourced 1st level support to Zwift ambassadors which for a lot of things are pretty good but anything out the normal they have to forward on the request to actual Zwift support staff member that might take a day or two to get back to you by email.
And there comes the next issue they reply by email from a mailbox that does not accept replies so if itā€™s an ongoing support issue you have to fill the webform in again and the circle continues. .

Donā€™t keep emailing Support theyā€™ll send you to the back of the queue each time

I have deselected ERG mode in the screen where I picked the workout. Good idea to try the other way. (even if Iā€™d still considder it a bug if only one works)

I noticed that, too. And they only tell you that your answer went to the dumpster after you spent half an hour trying to explain and sending the mail. This makes the support virtually non-existant. If I find an alternative that works for me, Iā€™m out. Thatā€™s not how to treat paying customers.

3 Likes

I donā€™t agree that ambassadors are internet wannabes. Itā€™s a tad offensive to be honest.

They and people here try to help where possible as part of a community rather than for aspirational purposes.

Are you actually a Zwift user? If so what issues are you encountering?

2 Likes

Hi Christian,

It looks like weā€™ve sent you a couple of emails in relation to the issue youā€™re experiencing. Did those come through to the email address you use to login with?

Iā€™d maybe ask the club to look at their setup then. If youā€™re experiencing all of those issue then something must be wrong.

Yes, they came after I contacted you on Twitter. I tried to answer but got an automatic reply that my answer will not be forwarded to support. I assume this means that support is a one way road. You submit a question, you get an answer and itā€™s finished. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how much support really read and analyze the problem before just sending a boiler plate reply. Iā€™m trying to resolve an issue with them now which Iā€™m fairly sure is a bug with the training plan schedules. The first response I got was that it could be to do with the clocks changing, but if it kept happening to contact them again. It did happen again so I contacted them and then just got a boiler plate reply that doesnā€™t match the issue Iā€™m having and looks like the person responding hasnā€™t read the entire issue.

1 Like

Same boat here, this morning I have PM one of the mods here asking what is the best way to get support for issues as posts on forums go months with no update or reply and the ambassadors seem to only have stock answer.

At what point do Zwift introduced bugs get to the point they are a detriment to the service.

2 Likes

Is this ATV at your home or in a ā€œclubā€? What is the environment like? To me a club means a gym or health club, is this what you are referring to? If so, is the environment busy with other devices, people on phones with Bluetooth earbuds, fluorescent lighting, etcā€¦ lots of signals around that could interfere with the trainer?

3 Likes

To describe members of this forum who are trying to assist you as ā€˜worthlessā€™ is derogatory.

Whilst I along with others are happy to try and offer support it should not be at the cost of being insulted.

6 Likes

Please keep this civil. If you want help make a post and ask for help.

5 Likes

Thanks Gerrie, the inflammatory post has been removed.

1 Like