Discard doesn't...well....discard...

Just an observation.

When the ride is over and I’m given the choice of save or discard, my assumption was that discard would not save the fit file. I just noticed that there doesn’t appear to be any functional difference between discard and save right now. Either way, the fit file is sitting in the Zwift activities folder.

I could be wrong but I think the data may be saved in real time as you are riding. My computer restarted itself today (not a crash, it rebooted apparently after installing some updates in the background). I wasn’t given the option to save/discard and was afraid this data had been lost. I was pleasantly surprised to find it safely in the Activities folder.

I think this will only matter when the data is getting uploaded into some sort of aggregator(s). So long as it’s just laying around on the PC, it doesn’t matter too much, right? When it goes live to Strava or some Zwift social leaderboard - that’s when we’ll want to discard those ugly 30 second test efforts.

I had the opposite problem today. I told it to save the file but it is no where to be seen in my activities list. The first/other ride I did my laptop ran out of battery just before I was ready to finish. That also left me with no activities. So I’m now zero for two.