Disc Wheel

(Zee Kryder) #1

I still see people riding the disc wheel and it is in the new update, but only people who had it 2 years ago can have it?

Why can’t it be more fair. give us a chance to earn one like other racers have.

(Paul Allen) #2

It was earned during the beta test and as far as I know there is no plans to make it available again. 

BTW, I don’t have one I case you ask.

(Jon Mayfield) #3

The disk wheel indeed will make a comeback and anybody will be able to acquire it.  I can’t say when exactly but it should be before the end of the year.

(Zee Kryder) #4

WONDERFUL !!!

THANKS 

…and maybe in pink would be cool. But I’ll be very happy with black. 

(Kermit deFrog ( PAC )) #5

some more colour/decal options would be nice for a disk, can’t wait for it to come out.

There is not much in Zwift for TT riders.

(Cary Blanco - Moxie) #6

So, it’s almost the end of the year … :slight_smile:

(🚁💨 choppa.slw) #7

I always think it’s cool to see the disc wheel go by and know that’s a user who’s been on Zwift since the beginning.  My concern is that allowing all users access to the disc wheel will remove the current meaning.
This is coming from someone without access to the disc – I’d much rather not have it and leave it to those who earned it by being early to the platform, seems perfectly fair and respectful to me.

EDIT:  If Zwift is committed to releasing the disc to all, how about users with the existing disc wheel get a special golden wheel or ‘tron disc’, and other users post-beta can earn the generic disc, perhaps that would satisfy all.  Same CdA properties, purely cosmetic differences, but I really think something should stay with those early users.

(Zee Kryder) #8

Give them a jersey then, not a faster wheel. #unfairadvantage

(Dan Burges) #9

Is the disc wheel coming back as an unlockable?  The post from Zwift above implied it might have arrived by end of 2017 but I don’t think it’s available? 

(Paul Allen) #10

Dan,

I have heard ‘Yes, it’s coming back’ (From Jon above) and also ‘No, there are no plans or discussions to bring it back’ (in an email from another Zwift employee). As of right now it is not available to anyone, but some of the early beta testers (I don’t have one).

(Michael Coyne) #11

I think it’d be cool to have it unlocked via going 88mph (for the back to the future reference).  I think this might be possible if teaming up with a large group of people who have aero helmet powerups dedicated to sending at least 1 person this speed who has the Van powerup.  Extraordinarily difficult, and definitely requiring a team, but perhaps possible with the right people and powerups.

(Charlie Fulks) #12

It been a year.