Your attitude is unnecessary. My not wanting to buy a USB extension cable has nothing to do with the price. It’s something that I didn’t need before when the software was working and therefore don’t want to buy. It’s one less thing to end up in a landfill as far as I’m concerned. I don’t know if you are a zwift employee or just a troll who just likes to stir up trouble, if you are a zwift employee then you could use some lessons on how and how not to speak to your customers. If you are just a pathetic troll who likes to butt your nose in other people’s business then learn to read more carefully and piss off.
This is not some freeware application maintained out of the goodness of someone’s heart. Subscription fees are collected and as a paying customer I have a right to expect a working product, and at the very least to know when the product will be fixed, versus being told over the course of close to 4 weeks now that “we’re looking into it”.
And for the record, you should read my post more carefully. I did not say I wouldn’t try mobile link, I said I haven’t tried it yet. Since I hadn’t used it I didn’t know if I was going to be staring at a tiny phone screen as my interface.
Now, for the rest of the folks here who are experiencing the same problem as I am with the cycleops magnus, here’s what the result was when using mobile link and macbook using bluetooth.
Monday 7/31 it worked, meaning the resistance on uphills was harder than on level ground or downhills. I was just about to respond to this forum and my open ticket with the good news, but thought I should wait until I tried it a few times. Unfortunately, on Tuesday 8/1 and Thursday 8/3 resistance control didn’t work again. uphills and downhills felt the same. One thing that was interesting was on the mobile link interface when I clicked the bluetooth icon, it said no bluetooth devices were paired even though on the zwift application on my macbook it clearly stated I was paired using bluetooth to my trainer for both resistance control and power.