Custom Workout With Apple TV

(Todd Shelton) #1

Can I create custom workouts for use on my Apple TV like I did on my iPad? Thanis

(Stephen Griffin) #2

Would also love an answer to this. I want to move over to Zwift from TrainerRoad and AppleTV seems the way to go (I’m a galaxy user).

Is it possible to carry workouts from TrainingPeaks over to Zwift?

Thanks

(Ole-Petter Karlsen [V]) #3

Same here. I want to have custom workouts on apple tv 4k, with the TV app. I tried to upload from Training Peaks, but with no luck.

(B eerBiker) #4

Hi, I’ve created custom workouts on my pc, but on my training I am using Zwift on AppleTV. There I cannot ind my earlier created workout. Any hints?

Thanks!

(Josie (Zwift HQ)) #5

Hi all,

Unfortunately, custom workouts cannot be imported to Zwift on Apple TV just yet. 

It IS possible to carry over your workouts from TrainingPeaks. You will need to make sure that your workout is set on the day you are signing on Zwift. It will only populate the one for the day. More information about TrainingPeaks workouts can be found here.

(Ole-Petter Karlsen [V]) #6

Thanks for good answer, Josie. I’m hoping for better solutions in later updates, but this will work for now.

(Dave SN) #7

I use Zwift on my Mac, and I have created my own custom workouts.  If I purchase Apple TV would I be able to access these custom workouts I have created when I log in to Zwift via Apple TV?

Thanks

Dave

(Todd Shelton) #8

In my experience…No. Unless I am missing something, workouts to not carry over from platform to platform

(Fabrizio 8848) #9

Dave SN 

I use Zwift on my Mac, and I have created my own custom workouts.  If I purchase Apple TV would I be able to access these custom workouts I have created when I log in to Zwift via Apple TV?

Thanks

Dave

Not Yet 

fabrizio 

(Dave SN) #10

Is this something likely to change in the future?  If so can you give timescale when  I will able to access my custom workouts through Apple TV when I log on to my Zwift account.

(Nate Kemp MNSTRS🚴🏽545) #11

+1 for the need for AppleTV app to support Custom Workouts like the iOS and MacOS already can.  Seems like a perfect application for iCloud Drive if a single folder in the Cloud can hold all workouts and make them accessible from all Apple devices.

(Mark Sortino TEAM MPI) #12

Great idea!

(Steve Boyce 7446) #13

Please make custom workouts available on Apple TV!!!

(James Harvey) #14

+1, would be great to be able to save your workouts to either your profile, or send them from the mobile app to the apple TV.

(Selino Valdes) #15

Zwift should centralize the custom workouts for users. It would allow people to create a workout once and use it across platforms. The idea that custom workouts are files stored on an individual machine seems outdated when cloud storage is so cheap.

If custom workouts were stored in a centralized server then I could access it from my phone, Apple TV, or PC without copying files over manually, etc.

What are the benefits of storing custom workout files locally aside from cost to Zwift?

(Thomas Crown-(RCC)) #16

I’ve followed the steps detailed in the instructions provided by Josie earlier in this thread w/o any luck. I do not see a custom workouts folder for training peaks workouts. I’ve restarted the app and my apple tv. Any ideas as to what could be the problem? 

(Matt Vallis (Lovelo Cinelli RT)) #17

You need to de-authorise TP and then re-authorise it on the Zwift website.  It re-freshes the info and then TP workouts should work.  This worked for me.

(Chris Carney) #18

Another vote from me for this feature.  I love the simplicity of Apple TV but really miss being able to create and use custom workouts.

(Thomas Crown-(RCC)) #19

Update…I was able to get the workouts to come over from training peaks. The issue was that too many “folders” of other available workouts were expanded which wasn’t allowing the training peaks folder to be visible. Once I closed a few of these it solved the problem for me.

(Dallas Parr - TrainMe) #20

Note: Training Peaks will work for that day only. It will NOT be there the next day.