Current/new issues with Zwift 1.31.x (November 2022)

• Game crashes when taking screenshots via game app
  • Game crashes when taking too many screenshots
  • Game ignores screenshots preference setting
  • Game crashes when trying to load Makuri Islands
  • Game crashes randomly when riding Makuri Islands
  • Unusable audio on multiple worlds
  • Audio volume sliders do not work
  • High CPU load on Makuri Islands causing lower than expected performance
  • Stutter on Apple TV in view 1
  • Camera 1/2 issues after joining PP/event/other Zwifter (persists through entire session)
  • Erratic joining behaviour, avatar flying off route
  • Minimap issues relating to Urukazi
  • Link to Training Peaks broken
  • Training plan progress lost
  • Share to last selected club not working correctly
  • Everything that’s still broken from last time (shadows flashing, trainer difficulty reverting, PP multiplier stuck etc)

Any I’ve missed? :roll_eyes:

Difficulty joining a Pace Partner, wasn’t that a new one? Or is it slightly older?

Difficulty in what way - as in it doesn’t work? Think that’s fairly old, or at least on and off. This is just the ‘new’ stuff…

I might be wrong but I thought there were quite a few recent reports of the client not being able to find the PP to do the teleport. But it could just be an old issue that’s also been reported recentlt, I dunno.

1 Like

Not in the game, but Companion on iOS 16 seems a pretty big problem currently

This thread. An old problem getting worse perhaps?

Already two months old. :roll_eyes:

Teleportation improvements are being worked on currently.

1 Like

Thanks, that was in reply to Paul’s comment about iOS 16.

1 Like

Not new but late joining events still seems pretty random where you get placed.

I’ve been left at the pen seen others dumped near the sweep.

Not sure if that is part of the teleportation improvements i assume

Share to club not remembering last setting. If you selected No Club on a previous ride, it would select {a} club.

1 Like

Also teleportation

1 Like

Thanks, added.

But yeah, quite the dumpster fire.

I’d drop the “if no club selected” part. It should remember your last choice but if you do share to a specific club it won’t remember that selection for next time, it reverts back to the first club in the list.

2 Likes

Updated. Either way it’s not working properly.

Dunno why I’ve even done this list anyway.

1 Like

I realise it’s a holiday in the US today, but it’s a little surprising that we’ve had no fixes for these new issues in the two weeks that this release has been out.

Game crashes when taking screenshots via game app
Fixed in 1.32

Game crashes when taking too many screenshots
Fixed in 1.32

Unusable audio on multiple worlds
Fixed in 1.32

Audio volume sliders do not work
Fixed in 1.32

Camera 1/2 issues after joining PP/event/other Zwifter (persists through entire session)
Fixed in 1.32

Erratic joining behaviour, avatar flying off route
Teleportation in progress

Minimap issues relating to Urukazi
Defect logged - being investigated

Link to Training Peaks broken
Fixed in 1.31.1

Training plan progress lost
Fixed in 1.31.1 (If Zwifter re-enroled before patch progress was lost)

Share to last selected club not working correctly
Being worked on

6 Likes

Thanks. A little bit of communication goes a long way, it shouldn’t be up to mugs like me to summarise stuff. Once again I question the testing, because this is a long list of fairly big issues to release to the public in one go, and take a month to resolve.

3 Likes

Feedback noted.

2 Likes

People often complain about the slow progress on new feature work on Zwift, but there are a lot of regressions and new issues that can slip through the cracks particularly with the broad device/OS support matrix Zwift has. Fixes to these issues might also create more issues etc.

It’s good to see Zwift is on top of a lot of these, but it does seem the codebase is a bit fragile unfortunately. Personally - I’ve been lucky, these haven’t affected me, the only issue I had in the last release was the companion app entrypoint to makuri island is broken and cannot be selected on my iPhone (mentioned in another thread). No point in fixing that now because the event is almost over, but it spent the whole event as a dead entrypoint on my iPhone.