Current Issues with Elite Direto Trainers

I’ll give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks

Hi Nico,

When you configure wahoo to the trainer, it set a wrong parameter of weight of user, to fix this you must do a training with APP My e-training , in fact the APP at the start write the correct weight of user and bike. After that, you configure the wahoo in " passive mode" otherwise the wahoo continuing to send his command to the trainer and will create a conflict with Zwift.
Configure Zwift with controllable trainer using FE-C.
If Wahoo is not in “passive mode”, it will send the command to the trainer always every 20 seconds also if the training in the device (wahoo) is in stop.

Hi Fabrizio, Have you ever tried to do a training test in Erg mode with the APP My-etrining? do you have the same behavior?

Thanks Alessio, that’s exactly what I am doing now and it works :-). I have given up on using the Wahoo to control the trainer for the moment.

The last thing to work out for me, now, is to get trainer report watts and power meter measured watts to align when using ERG mode…

Hi, I have recently experienced two issues with my elite direto:

1. “calibration time out” message when I am trying to calibrate the trainer;
  2. on the flat routes the maximum watts I can generate are in the range of 180-190 (with huge cadence). Probably some resistance issue.

I’m happy to help you; have you tried to contact Elite support to align the watts? (myetrining@elite-it.com)

Hi Fabrizio,

the Direto work better in Erg mode if you maintain a speed between 15 to 25 km/h, after that you can use your gear to chose the cadence that you prefer. At that speed the brake works faster because it works in the middle of his range , and every changes has istantaneous effect. Try it and tell me if works better. Bye.

Hi Joe,
If you connect your trainer at APP my -training while the trainer is connected at Zwift you will have two software which send commands at the same trainer, that cause conflicts between two software and the trainer not respond correctly. The calibration of Direto is not possible at the moment with Zwift because is not implemented correctly , you can do it with my-etraining.
Elite suggest to do the calibration procedure after 10 minutes of training, the calibration procedure is not necessary every time that you training.
Bye

Hi Alessio,i try zwift mobile version via Bluetooth and it’s more faster on change the resistence on ERG mode,
Bye

Hi Tomasz,

Maybe the weight into your trainer is wrong ,try to do a training with My-etraining, it corrects that parameter. If the weight is low the resistance of trainer will be lower in simulation mode.
The previous versions of Zwift doesn’t write the weight of cyclist.

Hi Fabrizio,

which configuration had you had before?

Zwift with PC and ant+ key

Hi Daniel,

I suppose which there is another SW which send another command to the trainer; try to shut down all and connect your trainer only with Zwift.

Bye

have you tried to contact Elite support? [myetrining@elite-it.com]

Hi Alessio,

I don’t have any issues at all with my Direto - and am very familiar with the calibration process, so I’m not sure what you’re trying to tell me?

I know that you can’t have the trainer controlled by two apps at once, but you can control the trainer’s resistance with the Elite App while still sending power data to Zwift and/or a head unit (Garmin, Wahoo, etc). I just did this last night, and it works fine.

It’s a simple matter of pairing the Direto in Zwift as the power source (and cadence sensor, if necessary), and un-pairing it as a controllable trainer.

Then, you can use a mobile phone running the Elite Training App to select a workout or run the trainer in ‘Power Mode’ to set a fixed level of resistance at whatever Wattage you choose. It’s basically the same as riding in ERG mode w/ Zwift - except the control signal is coming from my phone instead of my PC.

Hi,

the Direto work better in Erg mode if you maintain a speed between 15 to 25 km/h, after that you can use your gear to chose the cadence that you prefer. At that speed the brake works faster because it works in the middle of his range , and every changes has istantaneous effect. Try it and tell me if works better. Bye.

Hi Joe,

Ok I understood what is your configuration but I don’t understand the reason to do that , in Zwift you will see your avatar pedaling but what else ? Please tell me the vantages to do that; I ask that because I should like to deepen every aspects and method of training to improve my performance.

I primarily suggested it as a way for people who may be struggling w/ ‘resistance issues’ in Zwift ERG mode to see if the issue is related to their trainer hardware or if it’s software-related (i.e. Zwift’s communication with & control of the trainer).

That said, it’s also a nice & easy alternative to using the workouts in Zwift (while still having the visual distraction, data logging, segments, etc.)

Has anyone had an issue with Direto Calibration where you loosen the retainer bolt, tighten the belt until the calibration number is correct, then once you tighten the retainer bolt back up the calibration number drops back down to 5ish low again?

Hi Anthony,

Why you had need to tensioning the belt? This operation should be approved by Elite, in fact the calibration procedure is sufficient to have a correct measure of power. However if you are tensioning correctly the belt every times you do the calibration procedure to read the offset you must thighten the retainer bolt before.

1 Like