Crit City lunchtime (UK) races

So - the Anti-Sandbagging events have been removed, as they don’t make much sense to have as we move towards category enforcement.

I’m having a look at a couple of options of what we might be able to do instead.

Any chance we could have a regular daily, perhaps at UK lunchtime, 16.1Km TT that uses custom sections of all but the “proper mountain” routes?

I can’t be the only TT fan that is a little sick of most TTs being at Tempus Fugit, Bologna or Tick Tock!

Unfortunately the few TT events that mix up routes that I know off are at times that don’t work for me, I usually only race after 1000 and before 1800, due to turbo noise and poor sound insulation in our mini flat block.

I must get around to trying Crit City 8 lappers again, from memory I don’t think I’ve done one for months, but they’re great for a ~25min workout/race… Far more in line with my poor race pace stamina!

I’ll certainly pass on your feedback.

1 Like

Try this search: Events

It’s basically race events with draft turned off, which essentially results in it being a TT.

I think the TT search will only find events that are set up to use the TT module.

I’d personally vote for a Crit on the hour, every hour, 24hrs a day.

Essentially, a permanent replacement for the Crit City races.

This frequency ensures all time zones and rider time preferences are catered for.

Rotate these races though every crit suitable course available, to keep it fun. The added variation meaning that we would have many options other than Bell Lap and Downtown Dolphin. Additionally, on the rotation, the events would rotate, meaning that over a month you’d race at least 4 different courses if you raced at the same time every week.

I’m personally not interested in a 15min race, that seems rather short.

I’d have thought a 30-45min length would allow racers to warmup and cool down, all with an hour total.

Finally, the on the hour 24hr ZwiftHQ Crit Series would mean all racers would know without looking at any calendar EVER that they simply needed to be ready at 7am, 8am, 9pm etc etc any day, anywhere in the world.

This, or something like this has to be a logical solution?

2 Likes

Just bumping this thread to see if we can get the races re-added to the Calendar as either a standard race or as a Cat enforcement test race.

2 Likes

Was there any reason that these are now 10 laps rather than 8? The 8 laps were great for a 20min smash/ftp test

2 Likes

Probably best to try @James_Zwift when he is next working…

10 laps FTW.

1 Like