Crash after todays update [1.33.5] [March 15 2023] [SOLVED]

After today’s update, find and pair all sensors (ANT+), click OK and Zwift exits.

Here is the last second of the Log.txt.

I tried a re-install, it worked, then I rebooted, and tried again, back to this.

[16:55:35] WARNING LEVEL: [NOESIS] Type ‘HomeScreenViewModel’ does not contain a property named ‘HomeScreenViewModel’^M
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Binding failed: Path=homescreenViewModel.State, Source=HomeScreenViewModel(‘’), Target=Grid(‘WorkoutTrainingMainGrid’), TargetProperty=UIElement.Visibility^M
[16:55:35] WARNING LEVEL: [NOESIS] Type ‘HomeScreenViewModel’ does not contain a property named ‘workoutTrainingViewModel’^M
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Binding failed: Path=workoutTrainingViewModel.selectedCategory, Source=HomeScreenViewModel(‘’), Target=StackPanel(‘LeftSelectionPanel’), TargetProperty=UIElement.Visibility^M
[16:55:35] WARNING LEVEL: [NOESIS] Type ‘HomeScreenViewModel’ does not contain a property named ‘workoutTrainingViewModel’^M
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Binding failed: Path=workoutTrainingViewModel.SwitchState, Source=HomeScreenViewModel(‘’), Target=RadioButton(‘Collections’), TargetProperty=ButtonBase.Command^M
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Binding failed: Path=workoutTrainingViewModel.SwitchState, Source=HomeScreenViewModel(‘’), Target=RadioButton(‘Custom’), TargetProperty=ButtonBase.Command^M
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Binding failed: Path=workoutTrainingViewModel.SwitchState, Source=HomeScreenViewModel(‘’), Target=RadioButton(‘AllWorkout’), TargetProperty=ButtonBase.Command^M
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Binding failed: Path=workoutTrainingViewModel.SwitchState, Source=HomeScreenViewModel(‘’), Target=Button(‘Plans’), TargetProperty=ButtonBase.Command^M
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Binding failed: Path=workoutTrainingViewModel.SwitchState, Source=HomeScreenViewModel(‘’), Target=NoesisApp.InvokeCommandAction(‘’), TargetProperty=NoesisApp.InvokeCommandAction.Command^M
[16:55:35] ASSERT: “zvm”, file=D:\git\zwift-game-client\Projects\ZwiftApp\CODE\UIRefactor\HomeScreenRevision\Contexts\HomeScreenCoordinator.cpp, line=40^M
[16:55:35] ERROR: ZwiftApp Crashed^M
[16:55:35] ERROR: ZwiftApp Crashed^M

1 Like

@stuart_lynne

Thanks for flagging it up. We’re investigating.

If you’re experiencing a crash when pairing to your trainer’s signal after today’s v1.33.5 game release, please weigh in on this thread.

So far we’re seeing this on Windows, but one person is reporting this symptom on macOS.

1 Like

Can I suggest this might be related to using a 21:9 monitor? I am using an LG 25UM58-P 25" 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor.

Blockquote
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Resources/HomeScreenResources.xaml(289): StaticResource ‘LargeScreensize’ not found.
[16:55:35] INFO LEVEL: [NOESIS] ‘Resources/HomeScreenResources.xaml’ loaded
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Views/WorkoutTrainingView.xaml(56): StaticResource ‘XLargeScreenSize’ not found.
[16:55:35] ERROR LEVEL: [NOESIS] Views/WorkoutTrainingView.xaml(82): StaticResource ‘XLargeScreenSize’ not found.

Not just on Windows. Crashing on my MacBook after the sync screen.

2 Likes

I just had the same issue and tried a lot of different solves but nothing has worked so far. Emailed to support. Following this thread!

OK, scratch monitor size.

IF I unpair sensors and click on Just Watch, I get in. Back to Me, and then menu, pair. Then things appear to work correctly in the game.

But if I then End Ride it crashes going back into the game selection screen.

I also verified no change in behaviour on a smaller monitor crash there as well when going to the initial selection screen. And on a separate Windows 11 system, crashed there.

This does indicate a partial workaround if you just want to ride. Skip, back to me, then pair, and ride.

Possibly you could get into an event using companion etc to get into the event and then click on join. Have not tried that. My race started 40 minutes ago :frowning:

Hi @stuart_lynne appreciate you trying to reproduce and find a workaround.

Question for you: if I understand correctly, you are crashing on a Win11 machine, but found a workaround on a separate Win10 machine, is that correct?

Does one have any customized XML files or add-ons?

There are fresh crash reports on this other thread for Mac users, which might be related to this issue. I ran 1.33.5 and started a ride on macOS (M1 MBP, 13.2.1, ANT+) and it did not crash.

No, my normal Windows 11.

Just avoid the startup selection screen after pairing by using Just Watch. Then back to me, Select event via companion or on The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App.

I’m waiting for another 9 minutes to see if join event works.

Also, it crashes after leaving event, I assume trying to get into selection screen.

Zwift crashes in every instance after devices are connected. This happened after todays update on my PC. Cannot get into the next screen anymore. The program shuts completely down after paired devices. I tried reinstalling but nothing works. Zwift still works on my iPhone but stuck when I try anything with my main setup. What happened here and what can I do?

Ok, joined the event. Now in New York pen waiting for Herd Race to start.

OK, abuot five minutes into event Zwift crashed.

18:15:11] ANT : FET grade set successfully
[18:15:11] FE-C 17 received
[18:15:12] FE-C SIM GRADE 0.001
[18:15:12] ANT : Transfer Completed.
[18:15:12] ANT : FET grade set successfully
[18:15:12] ANT : dID 1134115 MFG 15 Model 426
[18:15:12] ANT : dID 726516 Battery Level 1
[18:15:13] FE-C SIM GRADE 0.002
[18:15:13] ANT : Transfer Completed.
[18:15:13] ANT : FET grade set successfully
[18:15:14] FE-C SIM GRADE 0.002
[18:15:14] FE-C 17 received
[18:15:14] ANT : Transfer Completed.
[18:15:14] ANT : FET grade set successfully
[18:15:14] ERROR: ZwiftApp Crashed

1 Like

I submitted event viewer crash log - waiting for feedback from support but looks that this is not only happening to me.

Symptoms as described for me as well, including workaround getting me in for 5min then crash.

Zwift crashed for me at the end of my TOW ride tonight. Completed the ride, took a pic of the onscreen ride stats and all of a sudden I’m staring at my desktop. It saved 24 kms out of the 27 kms of the ride and no pics.

I’m using it on a dell laptop w windows 10. I pr devices to ride or run the hit “0k” and it crashes. un/reinstalled but no dice. Haven’t tried the workaround yet.

Agreed. My MacBook Pro ( M1 ) crashes after the pairing screen. All devices connect as usual but when moving to the next screen, i.e. the startup menu, the programme crashes to desktop. During the few seconds before the crash, my iPhone Companion app starts to load the map.

I tried to contact support but it was near the end of their day, 5pm, and I was unsuccessful. I’ll try again tomorrow

I’ll try this workaround on my MacBook tomorrow

Thanks