Controllable trainer is not discoverable using Zwift Companion v.3.15.0 [SOLVED]

2 hours of my life I won’t get back but glad it is being worked on. Is there a known issues page for releases?

1 Like

Hi @Andrew_Irvine welcome to the Zwift forums.
We make every attempt to highlight crucial issues discovered after a release goes live.

New game updates are posted to the What’s New board, and Zwift Companion links you to that announcement when a new game version is available. We ask people to report any issues within that thread.

We broke out this issue-specific discussion to the Known Issues board that you’re reading right now, and pinned it to the top right corner of the home page.

1 Like

@Molasses
That screencap shows the date when the Play Store released this version.

I’m looking at your data on our servers. Your phone didn’t get the update until June 12.

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem today with the companion app work controlling my smart trainer
Power sync (BT)
When is it likely to get a fix for this issue?

I have an Elite Zumo. Today I went to Zwift and something isn’t right - on the flats I can spin out really easily, and i’m barely feeling a change in the hills. Have tried setting difficulty to maximum and moving it about to see any change at all.

Has a recent update broken the control of the turbo, or any known issues?

I connect via Zwift Companion.

Currently Zwift is pretty much unusable as I have to spin as fast as possible in my smallest back cog and still hardly moving. It’s really easy to “spin out” which I’ve not been able to do before today.

If I use the Elite app I can manually change the resistance and that works fine.

I installed the new release this morning on my Android phone. now the companion app will not connect to my wahoo kcker.

My WAHOO Kickr Snap is now not working in Erg mode, period. Just finished 5 weeks of erg workouts without a hitch. Now it refuses to work or incidentally disables the non functional erg mode, again to no avail.
Running Zwift on iOS iPad Pro. Companion on iPhone SE. The one thing that has changed in my setup is the new iPhone. Could it be…?

Having issues in the passed three days with Wahoo Tickr not connecting to Zwift too…has done for over a year and connects with Wahoo fitness app too, just nothing when trying to find the sensor on the connections screen. I am using on an Apple TV, can’t find any OS or firmware updates as being needed, causing huge frustration. Any insight please? Thanks.

Dang! I have been trying to troubleshoot this most of this afternoon. No controllable trainer through Companion. In my case I’m using ATV so I need Zwift Companion to work instead of a native (2 bluetooth) connection. Please advise on this. BTW: Could not get a trainer connection on the dedicated Zwift app on IOS either.

Same issue with Minoura Kagura here

I can pair it this way to my controllability trainer this way but I then lose my cadence and Heart Rate on my PC … But I can see my Cadence on the companion Dashboard… Is this a temporary fix ?

Same here. Support ticket submitted with Zwift. All other connection methods work (Macbook, ATV). Not companion app.

I have this issue, but I was able to connect the controller, cadence, and heart rate directly through AppleTV rather than through the companion app. I can’t explain how I was able to connect three separate Bluetooth devices through AppleTV.

YES!! So glad I found this forum. I was going crazy restarting everything, disconnecting every Bluetooth thing around, dropping F-bombs … LOL. PLEASE fix soon!!!

How soon before fix? Drove me nuts!

My update…the IOS Companion App does not connect my Kickr trainer to my Mac. I am, however, able to connect (with Kickr control) directly to Zwift on my iPhone. This was working fine on Friday. Not sure when my Companion app updated but my Mac downloaded a Zwift update yesterday right before my dismal ride.

Riding on my iPhone is NOT a good option. I can’t read that tiny screen. Today’s group ride was pretty unpleasant. I’d almost prefer to ride with my unresponsive trainer than rely exclusively on the phone.

Any updates on when this will be resolved?

Bizarrely, Michael, I had the same problem and was able to do the same on ATV (although I suspect that cadence or HR was through the companion app)

I thought it was my new Favero Assioma duo pedals… i normally use my ipad, after 30 mins of frustration used the companion app on my samsung s9 and it worked…

The problem seemed to be resolved this morning.

1 Like

If you have a Kickr or Kickr Core, it can send cadence and power through the same BT connection, so that’s only 1 connection. (HR is second connection and controller is 3rd).