Constant speed on Zwift?

Hello,

I have 2 Wahoo Kickers attached to my stationary bike that track my speed and cadence. My question is at some points during my Zwift ride my avatar only goes 2 mph, then on other points during my ride he goes 20+ mph even though my power or RPMs don’t increase. I’ve done this on a flat course, and a hill course and it doesn’t look to matter. How do I keep him at a constant speed on the game? Any advice would be helpful, as it’s annoying to only go 2 mph for 30+ minutes.

Thank you,
Andrew

Hi @Andrew_George1

Welcome to the forum.

I am a bit confused. Can you describe your setup, or post a picture.

The Kicker should transmit power to Zwift.

How did you pair your device, a picture of the paring screen will help.

4th time posting this today (or a version of it):

Zwift take the watts being broadcast by the trainer, the weight entered, height entered, in-game bike used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes your in-game speed is determined.

Attached are the photos of my setup. The cadence sensor is on the pedal, and the speed sensor in on the back wheel .

Those are not Kickrs, so here is a different post on speed within Zwift:

For virtual power like yours:

Zwift takes the wheel speed broadcast by your speed sensor and the power curve of the trainer you select on the Pairing Screen and converts that to virtual watts. With those watts, the weight entered, height entered, in-game bike used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes your in-game speed is determined.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that. What I don’t understand is that Zwift will keep my at 2 mph no matter the wattage. Then 1/2 way through the ride it will randomly increase to 20 mph with the same wattage and rpms, and then it will decrease back to 2 mph. I just want a constant speed.

Virtual elevation changes would account for that.

The only way you can have somewhat constant speed within Zwift is to ride Tempus Fugit, but your speed will change slightly since there is some small incline/declines.

Thanks Paul. I’ll try that.

1 Like

Thanks for the photos, all make sense now. By the way that is a nice bike for Zwift.

What do you use for zwift.

Can it be that the speed sensor on the wheel is to loose and not rotating with the wheel?

1 Like