Companion numbers/views bug | Android, German/Deutsch

German Companion App version 3.32.1 (1323) has still unreadable numbers in the activity diagrams.
Why is Zwift not able to correct it?

Sam here, latest version, german localization, Pixel 6, Android 12. Nothing changed in display / scaling settings.
Very annoyingā€¦

1 Like

Thanks guys - Iā€™ll try and see if we made any progress on this.

1 Like

Yes, please fix the problem. Thanks

Can you provide us with some News regarding this Bug? I now have these problems since December. In the meantime there hase been an Companion Update that did not fix the issue. I know development takes time but this worked before december, so I guess this canā€™t be to hard to fix. It is really annoying to me on all my devices.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for not getting back to you. Itā€™s with our development team but Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have any timescales for the fix.

@Hiltja_Schnell
@James_Zwift
Since this bug seems specific to the German language version of Companion in Android and isnā€™t looking to be a short-term fix, might it be a good idea to modify this threadā€™s title to help new people coming up against this issue to find this discussion rather than start new threads? (Iā€™ve seen more than a couple over the last few weeks before being redirected here.)

Some off-the-top-of-my-head suggestions:
German Companion app numbers/views bug in Android
Companion numbers/views bug | Android, German/Deutsch

1 Like

Yes please @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ

1 Like

If it is in German only - what is in German language so special???

@James_Zwift
Could you please check if the devs are aware? It is really annoyingā€¦

1 Like

Well, long words certainly arenā€™t exactly rare in German for sure, but basically this one is just a random case of internationalization incompetence: someone has translated an on-screen text without considering its context, resulting in a translation that takes more space than there is available. Should be seen as an embarrassment for all involved.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right Anna. There are probably no german-speaking developers or all interns have left Zwift. But seriously, if Zwift canā€™t offer a working app in three months, then they should better eliminate the German version and only offer the English one. The real reviews on google are scathing. Why advertise Zwift on German television if nobody cares about customer satisfaction? Shall we create tickets now?

Same here, Android 10, Huawei P20pro. Text and Scaling set to very small. But it doesnā€™t matter, the Scaling is faulty in every setting.

Same on my wifeā€™s Poco X3 Pro, Android 11.

1 Like

The actual translations probably come from a service providerā€™s subcontractor even under the best of circumstances, but whoever manages the internationalization as a whole should at least have the skill and understanding to do some kind of elementary quality assurance. (Oh, waitā€¦) You donā€™t even have to understand the language to see that the translation simply does not fit.

And yes, the best solution here is probably to use the āŒ€ sign.

2 Likes

Seriously - the problem is from last year and still not solved? So before not seeing anything just make it possible to switch back to English as default language. It worked until 11-2021. Canā€™t be so difficult and this is annoying.

2 Likes

ā€¦thatā€™s exactly how it is, it really canā€™t be that hard to fix this problem. It worked wonderfully in 2021!

1 Like

@shooj Any update on this one? Is it being looked at?

It worked very well before the last App updates. Nothing changed on the client side, which means this must be in app problem which needs to be addressed.

Iā€™m well aware that there are other, more severe issues to look at. I just wanted to highlight this so that itā€™s not overlooked.

1 Like

New version 3.33.0 and still the same crap is displayed.

Version 3.33.1 - No improvement. The preview of events is also not readable.

Should look like this:

Please fix it ā€¦ please ā€¦

1 Like

Hallo zusammen, hat jemand von Euch zusƤtzlich auch das Problem, dass seit kurzen in der android-App das gewicht immer x100 geommen wird. dort wiege ich jetzt 8000kg, im Profil auf dem PC ā€œnurā€ 80kg.
VG
Ingo

2 Likes