Companion App - still no mini map

Hi @Bob_Gorman_Splunk_ra - per above, the problem follows the phone. Tried quite a few phones from family/friends including older and newer but no-go.

Hi @Bob_Gorman_Splunk_ra - This is on my old phone. The other one has no such issues, and it is current.

1 Like

Hi @_Dean

It sound like a Wifi port issue that some of the data streams are being blocked by your router.

@Paul_Allen what do you think?

1 Like

Hi @Gerrie_Delport - I initially thought the same so put a sniffer on it - nothing abnormal. I’ve swapped routers, swapped locations, etc - the problem follows the phone.

Not familiar with any residential router that filters local LAN (vs. WAN) traffic (unless one uses a guest network, in which case no communication is possible, and the companion app will not show the current game.)

Do you know any?

I am looking for the complete document.

This is what I have found so far.
Your router firewall needs to allow all incoming/outgoing Zwift TCP traffic on ports 80 and 443 and all Zwift incoming UDP traffic on port 3022.

• TCP/80, TCP/443, TCP/21587
  • UDP/3022

EDIT:
I found the document: Issues with Zwift Companion App

1 Like

Thanks for the reference, @Gerrie_Delport :+1:. My conclusion is similar to that of @_Dean’s … the issue follows the phone, hence either a ZC issue or a phone issue, or both.

1 Like

So the issue is only on this one phone? I would try two things: Turn off the companion app bluetooth. AND free up some memory on your phone. Sometimes an app can load up a ton of data and the way to remove the data is to delete and reload the app. Plus you may have songs, videos, lots of data.

No Bluetooth. Lots of space.

Seems to be an app bug associated with an old Android version.

@B_CN & @James_Hodges_KRT - my mini-map has started displaying by itself again on my phone since the Japan update. I’ve not tried all maps, only Watopia, London, Japan and something else but its been consistent. How’s yours?