Companion App 3.40.0 on Android has text gaps, crashes, buggy behavior [September 2022]

I think i did have it crash during a pace partner ride last week but wasn’t sure if it was connected either, Hopefully doing a slightly longer ride over the weekend so will see what happens and report back.

1 Like

I’m really tired !! The last update 3.40.00 caused that.
Screenshot_20220930-202747

I have an email exchange started with Julio from Support as well, so I’ll keep this thread posted with anything we find out.

1 Like

And if it helps any Zwift Support staffers seeing this, I’ve found the same gaps in my Activities list happening occasionally with the letter W. All the others above seem to happen with T’s. In Activities, it’s W’s, but not all of them.

1 Like

And I have App Version 3.40.0 (1456). Server version 1.299.0

Hello all,

Thank you for flagging this up. We are seeing multiple reports of the “tex t” issue on some Android devices running Zwift Companion version 3.40.0. I’ve written up the bug and will update as I get more information.

Crashes and performance issues seem to be more rare, but we’ll be looking into those as well. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Support if you’re being prevented from getting your ride in.

2 Likes

Rowdy, thank you so much :slight_smile: I’m away from home for the weekend, but I’ll be able to check hopefully Sunday night, try to see if the crashing is just cotemporaneous, or if they’re part of the same problem. I’ll ride and check with multiple devices.

FYI, here’s the central bit of an email I just got from support on the matter:

“At this time, we’re aware of several known issues with Zwift Academy Road. And that the long words in the Zwift Companion App are one of them but we working to fix it.”

So, hopefully progress. I haven’t been doing anything with ZAR, but apparently it’s janking with the whole app.

Anyone else got gaps in the headers lettering on the companion app?
Ive tried uninstalling,then re installing but still the same.

Then the topic should be moved to the known issues.

Running Companion App 3.40.0 on Android 12. Noticed today that the heart rate text is split onto two lines with the third digit below the first two.

Also on the About screen of the companion app you’re still using the V1.0 version of the Zwift logo.

The trailing number on HR I think is a separate issue–there were people reporting about that since the font change, as far as I can tell. That’s more a screen layout and font spacing issue, different from the gaps in words. (Still a problem, of course, just a different one :slight_smile:

Hi all,

We’ve found the cause of the text gap issue and the fix will be in the next ZC release. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention!

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for the reply @Rowdy, and to the team for the fast fix. Is there a time frame for the next release? I haven’t had a chance to ride since I posted this, but I’m planning on it today. I’ll use my wife’s tablet without that issue, and I’ll report back about the crashing/freezing, see if that’s related or not.

Hey all - we tweaked the font for Android version of Zwift Companion v.3.41. Please update at your earliest convenience.

3 Likes

It’s still not wrapping text (or unwrapping, in this case) properly when viewing activity. Presume it’s same for HR on Game screen too.

… and a few other threads around the place.

Thanks for the report @Dean I’ve let the team know.

1 Like

hey @Dean
One more thing - what are your settings for font size in your OS?

Can confirm that the text gaps are gone with the update. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Using default setting (it doesn’t provide size). If I reduce one notch (which does stop wrapping issue at least for activity screen), the rest of the apps are too small to read.