Changes to Pace Partners [May 2022]

For anyone looking to ask me some questions (some I may not be able to answer) I’m going to park myself with Denise for the next 2-3 hours / as long as I can bear. Partly to counter the fact that I’ve just had my 4th BBQd meal in a row :rofl:

I’ll be on in about 20 minutes.

6 Likes

Who is Denise now?

Catch up John.

I’m trying to keep up… honestly:

Anquetil - Beach Island Loop
Brevet - Volcano Circuit CCW
Coco - Volcano Circuit
Diesel - Tempus Fugit
Danny - Volcano Flat
Diego - Watopia’s Waistband
Dorothy - Triple Flat Loops

Have a look at the Makuri PPs currently online.

Outstanding, Zwift!

3.0 W/Kg Charlie Chaser. Been waiting for nearly two years for something like this. Will help greatly in my hopes of bridging up to Bowie Brevet.

Thank you for listening to your subscribers!

2 Likes

And thanks for keeping the pace partners running on Makuri Islands!

Again, the new 3.0 W/kg Charlie Chaser PP is excellent! Hope it becomes a permanent fixture.

And I hope Charlie Chaser will be available on Watopia when the Makuri Islands are not an “active” world.

1 Like

Sadly no, but once the new Home Screen is available to all, everyone will be able to access all Pace Partners regardless of guest world.

Hey everyone,

One of the benefits of our fantastic Community is the level of feedback they are able to give us. But that’s only relevant if we listen, consider and act accordingly.

I have been told repeatedly (at varying levels of politeness) how keen a large number of people are for Pace Partners to remain in Makuri Islands. I was initially quite surprised by this, as having looked at the numbers of attendees over a number of weeks, they were generally low, but what especially this month I hadn’t considered is that Makuri hadn’t been on the guest world schedule so far this month. When it was, the numbers were considerably higher, not to Watopia levels, but enough for me to rethink.

As such I added Charlie Chaser (3.0w/kg, 75kg, 175cm, Flatland Loop) and Denise Drops (2.0w/kg, 75kg, 175cm, Neon Flats) into the Makuri rotation, as these have been the two most commonly requested paces. Whilst the number for Charlie weren’t earth shattering, Denise had been extremely popular (and I rode 163km with her this afternoon to get a guage of how excited people were to ride with her).

As such, and whilst the 7 Pace Partners in Watopia will go ahead as planned at 6am tomorrow my time, Charlie and Denise will remain in Makuri on the same routes. They will also be joined by Eddy Echelon who will ride at 1.0w/kg (perfect for injury recovery and entry level riding) and Bernadette Blazer who will ride at 3.8w/kg (who serves as a nice step between Anquetil (4.2w/kg) and Brevet (3.3w/kg).

These will continue to operate under the Futureworks (read as testing ongoing) banner and are subject to change. Depending on numbers, Eddy may not hang around, but I’m interested to see if he gets much company.

All Makuri Pace Parters will weigh 75kg and are 175cm tall. Currently there are no dynamic pacing settings applied but this may change - if it does I will update here.

Ride on.

38 Likes

Wait… now I am confused. How many pace partners can be running at a time?

Turns out more than we thought. Another reason for me testing two new PPs over the weekend.

No, I’m not adding even more!

4 Likes

No reason why it can’t be any number, tbh. Originally they were just accounts running on employees’ physical PCs, I assume it’s now at least done via virtual machines instead.

But it’s good news that community reaction has been listened to. ZHQ literally instruct people to come to this forum to provide feedback, comments and complaints, so it’s fair enough when they do IMO.

5 Likes

There’s no limit to the number of Pace Partners, the limit was down to how many can be displayed on the Home Screen.

And we don’t run them on standalone PCs anymore!

3 Likes

Any word on when the new Home Screen will be available to all? I’m on iPadOS.

By the way, if there is no limit to the number of pace partners, I hope you will give more thought to adding Charlie Chaser to Watopia.

Many Zwifters I suspect would be thrilled with this. 24/7, there always seems to be a huge group with 2.5 W/kg Cara Cadence on Watopia, many of whom I suspect would be eager to test their skills with 3.0 W/kg Charlie Chaser.

1 Like

I’ll try to chase up on this next week.

I’m trying to avoid there being too many options and dilluting the ones we have available. I was actually surprised at the infrequency Makuri is on our schedule and will pick up on that also.

Totally get the request, but also hopefully you won’t have too much longer to wait.

2 Likes

Great news, thanks for this!

Denise Lives!
A 2w/kg is great alt from Coco when your legs are starting to have enough !
And it’s seems every one will have their own On It/ Off It Pace Bot to use.
The 1 w/kg bot might end up being Seasonal, say Xmas & NY , but the numbers will have the final say.

Cheers James and 163km today, when I joined you were saying how supprised you were at getting past 50 !

1 Like

Consequently, movement is very hard right now.

3 Likes

The 2.0 Denise is a PP that I have been waiting for a long time - today I managed riding with her for 20 minutes. The 1.5 is a bit too slow and 2.5 is way too fast for me.
Now that there will be 3 PPs very close together (1.8, 2.0 and 2.15 W/kg) there is a nice choice which one to ride with depending on my daily form. Even my wife is looking forward to it - the 1.15 or even 1.0 because 1.5 is too fast for her.
Really well done and thanks :grinning:

3 Likes

Exactly Matjaz, agree 100%!! 1.8, 2.0, 2.15 are perfect speeds for me to work up to 2.5! I’m very happy about the changes.

1 Like