Certificate issue laucnhing Zwift on Windows

I can’t login to Zwift on Windows anymore. The friendly error I receive after cliking on " Let’s Go" buton during the startup is:

Failed to login. Check internet connection

In the Log file there is some more information:

[15:02:04] NETCLIENT:[ERROR] Curl error: [60] ‘Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates’ for: GET https://us-or-rly101.zwift.com/api/auth

[15:02:04] NETCLIENT:[ERROR] Error finding authorization server: [26] Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates

[15:02:04] Login error: Could not acquire access token because credentials are missing

[15:02:05] NETCLIENT:[ERROR] Curl error: [60] ‘Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates’ for: GET https://us-or-rly101.zwift.com/api/telemetry/config

[15:02:05] NETCLIENT:[ERROR] Failed to get telemetry config

[15:02:09] FPS 35, 113266, 15616, -191792

Who experienced the same and can help me with a solution…

Is your date and time correct?

Sometimes the BIOS-Battery on the Mainboard is empty and the PC thinks, he’s in the year 2006 or sth.
Then the certificates won’t work.

Thanks for the given suggestion. To be sure, I’ve checked! and Time/Date are correct.

Is this a work computer?

Is it a Mac or PC?

It is a business laptop running Windows 10 Ent. The Windows FW is enabled. I’ve check if FW is blocking anything. That isn’t the case.

Does your IT department control how MS Edge is configured using Group Policy?

On Windows computers Zwift uses MS Edge for the initial login.

FW config is indeed forced by a group policy. And I am not able to change all setting of MS Edge in the Windows Defender FW

Does your IT department have a SSL inspecting proxy in place? This can often cause certificate errors because the actual sites certificate is replaced by a proxy generate one.

Zwift suggest you don’t run the Zwift App on work computers: Issues Installing Zwift

1 Like

As I am not fully in control of the Windows Firewall, I am using a workaround now. I am running Windows on the same laptop but installed on a external SSD drive now. As it is my own setup, it working fine!

Thank for all the replies!