Category Enforcement - How is my category calculated? [February 2022]

I think it’s probably close to as good as the present system is going to get.
Yeah, maybe a tweak or two but I wouldn’t bother with expecting major changes until we work out results.

I think pen enforcement and using the CP curve are huge improvements.

Using the CP curve gets our attention away from a single focus of 20 min power.

Now, I would like to see Zwift teach us how to take the info from the CP curve to improve the training experience.

1 Like

Meanwhile everyone is waiting for Zwift to move to Results based racing…we already have that at https://www.zwiftracing.app/

Organizers have the option of PEN Enforcement with AUTO Pen allocation or Manual if you want to have more control of riders entering your events.

6 Likes

I discovered now that each profile page in Zwiftpower seems to list “Zwift Category Enforcement” below “Zwiftpower Category” and explain very briefly the difference.
The CE item is not populated but rather a link to the Zwift feed, but I guess/hope they will fill it in…

Thanks for pointing that out; hadn’t noticed it :+1:

Yes, that would be ideal. ZP cat “above” and CE cat “below” on the ZP profile page (retaining the CE link to explain how it was derived).

Agreed. It would be ideal, but it might be a GDPR-type personal data protection issue since permission hasn’t been sought from the users explicitly to share this data. (Not sure. Silly if it is, but it might be.)

I don’t think so.

“For technical reasons, we have no plans to put this information in ZwiftPower or to make ZwiftPower use the same calculations to determine category, and this is unlikely to change.”

From this link

Apologies if this has been covered, but I had let my 9 year old daughter test ride one day over 2 months ago and Zwift[dot]com still appears to be using her weight when factoring my CE. I’ve contacted support and awaiting a reply after it was escalated, but no luck so far. Has anyone seen or heard of Zwift[dot]com using old weight in CE with current efforts? I get the issue with her weight, but the below is showing correct watts from more recently and still using her old weight with no line of sight for if/when it will be updated. @xflintx any guidance you can offer?

Thanks in advance!

ID #99918

It’s not over two months, it’s less than two months (unless they are both February). 56 days. The 11/22 data should go away after 60 days so you won’t have to wait much longer!

Join the club, I’m in my 40s and try to keep fit.

I really cat C and really crap of racing in Zwift.

Infact so crap, I have put out high numbers to keep up been in category C group and I have put in high numbers to place 6th place and the I get ZP in Zwift power site.

3.58 W/kg for 42 minutes - and you want racing C cat? :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Maybe the lack of a power meter is the issue in this instance?

In this instance yes, he got ZP.
But the power reported to Zwift determines his speed!
The story started here:

He is B (Zwiftpower):
FTP 354 (estimated) ~75.2kg

1 Like

Well one of those three data points is wrong :slight_smile:

Yes, 354 W / 75.2 kg = 4,71 W/kg is wrong.
But he is zwiftpower B, with 245watts /3.26wkg.
It is bottom B, I know - I have been bottom C for 3 seasons, so I can understand how it feels.
The category boundaries are here and should be respected.

Edit - I don’t understand what Matthew’s problem is - he was racing B in 2022!?!

It was Category enforced event and before the event I was in Category C otherwise I could not enter the event in Category C, like I couldn’t not enter Category D at the time before the event.

When you’re DQ-ed with the code “ZP” it means you were riding with zPower (Zwift’s calculation of power based on speed and cadence) which means you did not have any power measurement. In some series that’s allowed, in some series it isn’t (because it’s usually very inaccurate). So it’s not about which category you chose.

The event creator knows what I use and in the past had fix the ZP problem up, but this time Tim decided not to.

The event creator (s) should be forced to communicate in the companion app if the event is only power metre event example of this is like this:

FWIW I think you have a couple of good points.

Hardware requirements should be published before any event and punishment/DQs shouldn’t be applied if you’ve met the entry requirements and other rules.

Category Enforcement shouldn’t let you enter an event in the wrong category if you have already recorded figures showing you are too fast/powerful.

If your repeated posting about these failures is an attempt to get these matters fixed for the future then I think you are correct in taking it up with the developers and event organizers and you have the right to a full explanation.

However, your approach has been needlessly aggressive from the start, is now coming across as spamming, and it would probably be best for you and for the community if you let this one occasion go.

1 Like

All I’m seeking is if a creator(s) of event set the rules up and display them via the companion app and then the rules should be applied.

The creator(s) of the event should fix Any errors or if not Zwift or Zwift power team should step in and see if the rules applied equally to everyone.

If mistakes or errors then the Zwift staff should fix the errors.
Side note people normally do not look at Zwift power for the rules, they look at Zwift companion app and so for the rules should be posted there.

If the next Thursday at 7pm The chop ride rules says it needs to have power metre to ride the event it should be display.

Here what is displayed at the moment:

See it doesn’t communicate you need a power metre to ride this event.