Category Enforcement - anyone else getting annoyed by this?

so after months of testing and it being rolled out to organisers, we are still no nearer to being able to see what category Zwift has for us in relation to CE and the only way is to try to sign up for a race which is quite daft really, as is relying on 3rd party sites such as intervals.icu to be able to try to calculate the power curve for the last 60 days

are there any plans for this data to be available or not? zwift were on about transparency etc so where is it for this?

Agreed, if race organisers are going to DQ people where no clear rules have been broken, then put those extra rules in the description.

I think this is because none of these riders are near the Cat B upper limit of 4W/Kg, they’re all mid pack.

If both riders are riding at the cat limit the bigger rider will always win.

You see this often in Cat C races where you’ve got 100Kg riders putting out 320W max.

On the climb a 65 Kg rider doing 3.2W/Kg will be able to match the bigger rider but on descent the bigger rider will pull away and on the flat they be able to leave the smaller rider’s 208W in the dust even if they’re drafting.

I searched for this profile. Is this rider Japanese?
I think there is another problem with this rider.

He is, but let’s not turn it into a witch hunt here, if you have an issue that I should be aware of as a race organiser (he races some of my races) then please DM me.

However even if there are “problems” with his profile in some way, he is still racing as a short, light, low powered rider who is able to match B riders who are much stronger on paper.

1 Like

I agree.

1. If the watts is the same, the shorter the height, the faster.
  2. If the watts is the same, the lighter is faster.
  3. If W / kg is the same, heavier is faster.
    Perhaps the reason we disagree is a matter of perspective.
    I think what you mean is correct.

Doesn’t seem to be included in the plan.

Neither is moving all racing over to CE despite the initial views that we would be moving rapidly to an all CE environment if the test events went well.

I don’t believe it’s true that the heavier rider has the advantage when it comes to the sprint. I’m a Cat C rider and only weighing in at 70kgs, I would be classed as light. But I generally finish it the top group and have won a few. I would say that the reason for this is due to my sprint and maybe a fairly good way of managing the draft.
For some reason tho, my weight has never been an advantage when on a climb as this is generally where I lose ground to the pack.

I think the CE races have evened things up and tend to keep packs together more. So for me, I like them.

1 Like