Can't U-Turn [October 2021] [1.18.0]

See my post #136 from 20 days ago.

2 Likes

Yeah. Or if you want to make sure it works, you could select Road to Sky, make a manual turn to the jungle loop and shortly there after (or in principle as soon as the route progress indicator has disappeared) make a U-turn and then make another manual turn back towards the Alpe. The key thing is that the route progress indicator should not be visible.

1 Like

I ran into the same issue.
What is the timeline to resolve this issue?

If you scroll a bit up you will see the response. “next release, which is coming soon”

That was 5 days ago.

I tried to do u turn today before the top of Titans Grove KOM using companion app. It didn’t do anything.

Then in the downhill I still got limited to 24km/h.

This is inexcusable. This is a fundamental feature and should never have been rolled out like that. I don’t care about strava legends or whatever it’s called, I just want to ride where I want to without limitations. It’s what I pay for.

Why do we all have to threaten to cancel our accounts to get heard?

What would that help. But if it makes you feel better then go for it.

I noticed the U-turn bug the day of the release and just didn’t use it since then. Problem solved.

Did you know Richmond did not have the ability to do U-turns for the first two years.

that’s a crazy statement telling people not to use a feature in Zwift for a month due to a buggy update. Any other online platform i’m sure would get it fixed asap and release a patch not wait for monthly update but this is Zwift we see it every month they don’t have a good update process to beta test or stop/rollback updates where it causes issues.

Taking functionality away from users will always cause problems, leaving game breaking bugs unfixed will also lead to a lot of user frustration. Not just on the forum nearly every day on facebook for the last month I’ve seen posts about this issue and I hate to think how many not on here or fb have faced it and just decided to end their Zwift session in frustration or wasted time look at their own trainer/pairing setup for this problem.

10 Likes

Yup. Same here. Failed U-Turn and now stuck at 15mph.

MacBook Pro - 12.0.1
CycleOps Hammer H2
iPhone App 3.29.0 (1158)

Zwift need to test their updates before releasing them.Every update recently has been a bug riddled nightmare and I’m dreading the BIG update coming soon.Yes it will introduce new roads ,but going on recent history ,untold bugs which make the platform a nightmare to use ! Zwift should have rolled back to the last update instead of just saying… yeah we know about the u-turn bug… and not fixing it !!

2 Likes

I have run into the 24k/15mph speed limit at the end of two group rides recently. Glad I found this thread, but I need to add my aggravation to the chorus. I’d been waiting on chat for support for more than half an hour before I discovered this thread.

Please fix it zwift. This definitely ruins the ride…

I am not sure at this point if the bugs lack of fix or what the fix might look like fills me with more dread. As you state , the problem is not with those of us who are vocal and critical of bugs on the forums and facebook , we can workaround it because we know about it , its the vast silent majority who experience this problem (in large numbers ) and just think the program is frustrating and have a negative view of it , or worse even that there set up might be somehow the cause and waste so much time trying to find a fix to a problem that has been imposed on them.

2 Likes

This is now veering off into a different conversation, but there’s simply a complete lack of respect for the end user and their experience.

There are now bugs that impact me consistently that simply weren’t there 2 or 3 years ago, the last 18 months has been an absolute mess for releases and the end user. These bugs aren’t significant but are enough to impact how I use the system and will likely never be fixed now they’ve been introduced.

I don’t get how any self respecting product owner lets it get to this stage…

3 Likes

11/17/21, still a problem. I’ve encountered all over Watopia. Currently riding up Epic KOM, could not u turn half way up. Stuck climbing the whole thing now.

Ok. I know I am repeating the general feeling. But just finidhed a NY sky hilly route 3 loops for about an hour then I wanted to go to ground level to cool off. At the next ground intersection I change the auto right turn to a manual left turn. Binkers blinking left … Pop… Bike goes right and back on the route.

Now u-turn not working, manual turns left or right not working. I’m still stuck “on the route”.

This is just crazy, no turning… No u-turns… Pick a route and never get off…

This turning feature was working back in the beta days. What happened?

1 Like

The thing that annoys me the most about this is the complete lack of communication about this.

You could load the game, open the companion app and not be aware that there is any issue.

They could easily put a pop up in the companion app like they do for the update notification or world of zwift notification. And there could be a banner added in game on the world selection section.

if they know there is an issue and know they won’t sort it for a month the least they could do is tell people.

5 Likes

I’ll add that I cannot turn right or left inconsistently too. iPad companion app can’t keep the map loaded, so all turns and u turns are attempted from a windows desktop on the app itself. It’s a group of ride altering failures that renders Zwift not fun.

Yeah, this kind of “known issues” (only serious ones) splash at startup would definitely be useful in general, maybe the visibility would even help create a bit more of a sense of urgency about fixing them…

Also worth considering beyond the immediate fix would be adding some visual cue to the u-turn button when the function is not available by design (such as in events, which is a very good thing that I was not aware of until this thread).

I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday after completing a meetup. I did several miles to finish a lap after the Meetup ended, and then .3 of a mile past the lap banner in Downtown Watopia, I tried to make a U-turn. It wouldn’t complete it, and attempts to make other turns at following intersections did not work, and I was stuck and a horribly low speed of around 14 miles an hour regardless of how many watts I generated.

1 Like

How on earth is this still not fixed one month on?!

Hello again - the u-turn issue should be resolved with the release of 1.19 today.

Please let us know if you continue to see issues with this function and thanks again for your patience.

2 Likes