Cannot disable OUTGOING Notifications

Cannot find a way to disable push notifications from being SENT to followers. This completely negates any privacy. Followers that have a user selected as a Favorite still get a push notification when a Favorite user begins an activity despite the Favorite user’s default privacy setting being “Only Me” for all activities. Please create an option to disable OUTGOING notifications. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly.

Hey @Two_Six thanks for raising this concern! If you don’t mind can you let me know which device you’re using for Zwift Companion?

Update: @Two_Six I’m going to move this to feature requests as this not a bug, but we understand the use of such an option. It’s not on our immediate roadmap but it is a feature that we’re aware of. For now you would have to set your profile to private and disallow followers (that way no one can set notifications).

1 Like

@Vincent_Williams1: Gotcha. Using an Iphone for ZC. So just to clarify, I would have to delete all followers and set profile to private to ensure no notifications go out?

@Vincent_Williams1: When you say “set your profile to private”, are you referring to “Activity Privacy Defaults” under “Privacy” on the ZC app or something else? That’s all I can find related to general Privacy (other than the notifications and approve follower requests).

Hey @Two_Six I’m talking about the Approve Follow Request toggle. And yes, I mean we wouldn’t want you to delete all your followers but currently there seems to be no option to stop sending push notifications to Zwifters who have you set as a favorite. I’ll keep up with the progress on that.

1 Like

Has this been updated? Is there a setting now to turn this off? I keep getting texts from a friend who is following me every single time I ride. Not very private :frowning:

No. I did a ride today and got “Ride Ons” from people who have “favorited” me right after I started riding, despite having all privacy settings on. It’s a cruel joke. Very disappointed Zwift has not made this a priority.

Yeah it’s too bad :frowning: as much as I love riding with thousands of others around the world, I really would like to still remain private to those locally that I know especially.

@Vincent_Williams1 Any progress on this?