Cannot disable OUTGOING Notifications

Cannot find a way to disable push notifications from being SENT to followers. This completely negates any privacy. Followers that have a user selected as a Favorite still get a push notification when a Favorite user begins an activity despite the Favorite user’s default privacy setting being “Only Me” for all activities. Please create an option to disable OUTGOING notifications. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly.

Hey @Two_Six thanks for raising this concern! If you don’t mind can you let me know which device you’re using for Zwift Companion?

Update: @Two_Six I’m going to move this to feature requests as this not a bug, but we understand the use of such an option. It’s not on our immediate roadmap but it is a feature that we’re aware of. For now you would have to set your profile to private and disallow followers (that way no one can set notifications).

2 Likes

@Vincent_Williams1: Gotcha. Using an Iphone for ZC. So just to clarify, I would have to delete all followers and set profile to private to ensure no notifications go out?

@Vincent_Williams1: When you say “set your profile to private”, are you referring to “Activity Privacy Defaults” under “Privacy” on the ZC app or something else? That’s all I can find related to general Privacy (other than the notifications and approve follower requests).

Hey @Two_Six I’m talking about the Approve Follow Request toggle. And yes, I mean we wouldn’t want you to delete all your followers but currently there seems to be no option to stop sending push notifications to Zwifters who have you set as a favorite. I’ll keep up with the progress on that.

1 Like

Has this been updated? Is there a setting now to turn this off? I keep getting texts from a friend who is following me every single time I ride. Not very private :frowning:

3 Likes

No. I did a ride today and got “Ride Ons” from people who have “favorited” me right after I started riding, despite having all privacy settings on. It’s a cruel joke. Very disappointed Zwift has not made this a priority.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s too bad :frowning: as much as I love riding with thousands of others around the world, I really would like to still remain private to those locally that I know especially.

3 Likes

@Vincent_Williams1 Any progress on this?

3 Likes

Any luck with this hugely annoying privacy issue, massive STALKER issue.
HEY WORLD - JOHN DOE IS ON HIS BIKE WORKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!
Enabling needy, creepy people to keep tabs on you.

8 Likes

If there are people following you that you don’t want to follow you, why don’t you just remove them from your followers list? Then, if your profile is private, they won’t be able to add you back and, therefore, won’t be able to ‘favorite’ you.

3 Likes

Any update on this. What if you are still friends but you just don’t want to notify everyone when you are riding.

Seems like it could be a very simply fix. Please put it in.

7 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the issue here. If you allow someone to follow you on Zwift (whether by having an open profile or by approving their follow request) it is then THEIR choice as to whether you are one of their favorites, or not. If you are, a notification goes to them (not everyone) when you start Zwifting. From my POV, if you’re willing to allow someone to follow you, you should be willing to be one of their favorites. Are you saying that you don’t think this should be the case? Are you suggesting that once someone is following you there should be a secondary approval process to allow them to favorite you? Something else?

2 Likes

Like Strava, Garmin Connect and all other ride sharing platforms, private rides should be private to everyone, followers/favorites included.

9 Likes

You’re talking about having the option to set an activity’s privacy setting to private BEFORE starting the activity. I think this idea has merit. Post it to the Feature Request page.

5 Likes

Hi There. To put it simply. We need the option to disable the outgoing message “xxxxx is zwifting right now” so that we can train during work hours whilst our followers are still tied to their desks. Stealth training in other words.

14 Likes

Any news on this issue? Wait for it as well.

2 Likes

This is not only a very relevant topic by itself but also a VERY important topic regarding EU regulations of privacy (General Data Protection Regulation), which are broken here! This could cost Zwift Billions if not taken care of soon :frowning:
But besides that, it’s plain annoying, that users cannot decide by themself which level of privacy they want/need. Which is not that hard to code/implement by the way…

6 Likes

No privacy. Wtf Zwift. This cant be that hard to implement. We have dinosaurs, but cant turn privacy on.

7 Likes

ZWIFT, this is a joke! I really cant believe that I cant disable the outgoing notifications! Do you guys really think I want all my favorites know the exact seconds I start zwifting?! I and many others dont, so please add this option!

16 Likes