Cannot Access Zwift.com through Safari browser

@Michael_Darley

Thanks for the report. We’ve investigating why the website isn’t rendering on some MacOS / Safari combinations.

If Chrome works for you - please use that in the meantime while we make any needed fixes from our end.

1 Like

Thank you Guy, along with other users, the January 14th update seems to have been relevant to our problems or possibly just a coincidental date!!!

Mike

Thank you.

Chrome works and others should be encouraged to use it rather than firefox which doesn’t work for me.

I look forward to the “fix” and genuinely appreciate everyone’s attempts to resolve my issue.

Regards

Mike

It doesn’t work in any browser on my iPhone.

Is your iPhone updated to iOS 14.3?

thanks

iPhone and iPad are both on 14.3, and it works on the phone with safari but not on the iPad.

@Michael_Darley
This website issue is not related to the game release

1 Like

@Shuji
Yes we know that now .You told me on this thread that it is to do with website page rendering and Zwift are looking into it. Others have had related issues from the same date preventing them using the app on MacBook’s like mine that cannot use the most recent operating system or version of Safari.

We await a fix from Zwift . At least for me, the issue with website page login and viewing activities and my profile/account works fine on the same MacBook using Google Chrome.

Having a rendering issue with Safari iOS. Any solutions. iOS v 15.3.1.

Rendering issue how/where? I checked w/Safari on iOS 15.3.1 and everything looks normal on my phone.

When I open the safari browser on my iPhone 12 and type Zwiftdotcom in the search bar I get a blank page. Zwiftdotcom is in the address line but nothing renders or can be seen. Other sites and searches work fine.

Further, when I clear history the site comes up and asks how I want to handle cookies. Hit accept and then I get the blank screen again. Very puzzling. Must be some setting in Safari?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15.3.1
All working fine for zwiftdotcom in latest Safari.

An annoying question, I know, but have you checked for Safari app updates and power cycled the phone recently? It’s classic ‘have you tried tutning it off and on again’, but very often irons out creases.

Desktop Safari requires me to uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking” to log in to the site (because of recaptcha), any chance it could be something like that? (No problem here logging in on iOS, though.)

Congratulations! You have introduced me to a new error code and I thought I had either seen or caused them all.

HTTP 451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons

Safari 13.1 is two full major versions behind current. v15.3 was released this week.

My best guess is there is either a browser version check or there is an inadvertent GDPR / privacy flag being triggered.