Cannot accelerate

(Vaughn Myers) #1

Between February and March, I was riding “B” races and I always reached a respectable standing (top 5). I took a month off to train for something else.

I come back and start riding “B” races. For some reason, I can pedal as hard as I can and I barely go over 200. I joined a “C” race and I the same issue. In one race at “C”, at 4:37 of the race, there are two “C” racers that are 1:30 ahead of me.

I then joined a “D” race, and there is one “D” rider 40 seconds ahead of me and 2 “C” riders ahead of me.

The issue is that it seems I can’t speed up. I sent zwift the log files, but they didn’t see anything wrong.

What else can I do?

(Andre Hufschmid) #2

Well you can lose a lot in a month but anyhow i don’t believe you’d drop way off and not be able to keep up anymore. Are you sure your Home Trainer is working properly? I am guessing you’re using a Tacx or Wahoo or something in that order?

(Nigel Doyle) #3

Sounds like a trainer issue. What’s your trainer? If it’s a wheel on trainer then it needs a spindown calibration done every ride and after warming it and the tyre up.

(Vaughn Myers) #4

Thanks. I’m using the wahoo device that you attach to the tire and the cycleops mag trainer.

How can I do a “spindown calibration”?

(Vaughn Myers) #5

Hopefully this link will help me:
https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004175663-How-to-calibrate-your-trainer?mobile_site=true

(Nigel Doyle) #6

Is this a smart trainer? If so it needs the spindown calibration done every ride. If it’s a dumb trainer then no calibration is required but you need to ensure it’s a dumb trainer that Zwift sports and you have it selected on the pairing screen.

(Vaughn Myers) #7

It’s not a smart trainer.

(Vaughn Myers) #8

It’s not a smart trainer, and it’s a zwift-certified trainer. It’s the mag+.

(Nigel Doyle) #9

Suggest you file a support ticket if you haven’t resolved this.

(Vaughn Myers) #10

I did, several of them.

(Vaughn Myers) #11

Here’s a screenshot of the emails sent: https://i.stack.imgur.com/8li6Y.png

I’m posting it in case someone from zwift writes that they can’t find any emails under my name.